CFEW Forums
Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread (/showthread.php?tid=1287)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - Zellnagi - 02-11-2013

I thought about it and i have yet to bring up events for the upcoming holiday, so for this i will toss out the event idea's for valentine day for the server if alright with you guys?, and maybe in an order to make it fun, can be changed.

1. Valentine day party, enjoy having fun with others on the server in a nice big get together and bring a rose with your name (use an anvil and some exp to change the rose to "(username here)'s Rose") as it will used later.
2. Choco Bean hunt, as it kinda fits with the holiday, find as much choco as you can before time runs out in a nicely made/grown jungle maze.
3. Lottery Bash, roses will be placed inside dispensers and if your Rose is called you can take shots at breaking a single chest for prizes.
4. cookie and cake giving, give gifts of sweets to others.

i thought hard about all this and i think the events in this order are right for this holiday.

RE: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - Indrae - 02-11-2013

Yes...exactly where I want to spend Valentine's Day...on a minecraft server.

RE: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - whitelily36 - 02-12-2013

RE: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - MetalicPenguin4 - 02-12-2013

RE: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - shppthwhtfx - 02-12-2013

(01-30-2013, 08:28 AM)XI_ZeroX_IX Wrote: Ladder Arena
the objective is to climb up a ldder fighting of your opponents
the first player to pust the button wins
simple but fun
somehow make tennis using ghasts fireball(fireball tenis)

I like the ladder arena thing, it's like bouldering (rock climbing with no lines) cept you punch fellow climbers while racing to the top rather than taking your time to avoid falling to your death/injury =) have many pathways up on two cliffs facing each other close enough to hit the other person but not so close that you can easily climb from one side's path the other side's path. PvP would obviously be on to allow punching. Can we rig the button's circuitry so once one side's button sends a current, the other side can't? Maybe a switch for the end is more practical =/

Only thing I can think of with the ghasts is to have them stuck in a room that won't let them go further or closer to the player while having slits in a glass wall for shooting at the player x.x once the ball is served a bunch of sticky pistons can close the slit and the two players can bat it back and forth at each other. The serve would be the trickiest part, aiming at someone ...maybe the slit can be behind one person so they can jump out of the way and that be the serve o.o
My only question is can another player hit an already reflected fireball? Never tried that.

RE: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - Indrae - 02-12-2013

Keep in mind that we are only allowing a maximum of two PvP arenas to be run at a time.

RE: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - whitelily36 - 02-12-2013

RE: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - Zellnagi - 02-15-2013

Our Tekkit Classic server can host events, i will name and list a few right now.

Advanced Minecart race: using railcraft to build a race track we can add jump tracks to drops and elevater tracks to add on to the fun, with buttons to set off traps to delay other players or to take a shortcut will be added, but in a way you cant tell if the button will help you or help the other player.

Shooting Range: each player gets a rifle"Musket" and must shoot 3 still hard to hit snow golems behind pistons and small blocks and 3 minecart riding golems that will go behind walls and will be on lots of booster rails, shortest time wins.

Jetpack Ring race: 2 players with jetpacks must fly through each ring on thier side of the track, the rings will not be easy to dash through as you will have to get around floating blocks and you cant let yourself get lit on fire as the track is over lava.

and as it was staring me in the face, the lan worlds town wars gave me the idea of "Hunter Wars": a sniper style pvp fight, 4 players with muskets, knives and a limited amount of ammo must fight til there is only one left, use of crafting the musket and knife is allowed, no other tools or weapons allowed.

This is all that can be done in our Tekkit Classic server for now.

(02-15-2013, 02:44 PM)Zellnagi Wrote: Our Tekkit Classic server can host events, i will name and list a few right now.

Advanced Minecart race: using railcraft to build a race track we can add jump tracks to drops and elevater tracks to add on to the fun, with buttons to set off traps to delay other players or to take a shortcut will be added, but in a way you cant tell if the button will help you or help the other player.

Shooting Range: each player gets a rifle"Musket" and must shoot 3 still hard to hit snow golems behind pistons and small blocks and 3 minecart riding golems that will go behind walls and will be on lots of booster rails, shortest time wins.

Jetpack Ring race: 2 players with jetpacks must fly through each ring on thier side of the track, the rings will not be easy to dash through as you will have to get around floating blocks and you cant let yourself get lit on fire as the track is over lava.

and as it was staring me in the face, the lan worlds town wars gave me the idea of "Hunter Wars": a sniper style pvp fight, 4 players with muskets, knives and a limited amount of ammo must fight til there is only one left, use of crafting the musket and knife into a single weapon is allowed, no other tools or weapons allowed.

This is all that can be done in our Tekkit Classic server for now.

RE: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - EducatedPizza - 02-15-2013

I think it might be important to keep separate tekkit and our main server. If you guys want to coordinate events for tekkit, that is perfectly fine, I only ask that it is kept within the tekkit section of our forum as it is a separate server

RE: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - Zellnagi - 02-15-2013

(02-15-2013, 03:36 PM)EducatedPizza Wrote: I think it might be important to keep separate tekkit and our main server. If you guys want to coordinate events for tekkit, that is perfectly fine, I only ask that it is kept within the tekkit section of our forum as it is a separate server

Alright, i will remember that, may have to move my post then when i can.

Got it moved, do i need to post a link to it or something?