CFEW Forums
Server Rules explained/discussed - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Server Rules explained/discussed (/showthread.php?tid=1014)

Pages: 1 2

Server Rules explained/discussed - shppthwhtfx - 07-29-2012

@everyone Post a reply if you can think of more rules not listed here, would like one listed here explained further or would like to give constructive alternatives to how rules listed here are defined. These are the rules' explanations/definitions that I got straight from fishy as well as my personal interpretations. I post this to clear up misunderstandings of others as well as my own if people care to correct/convince me. To be honest, I tried to get fishy's stamp of approval on this before posting, but I think it got lost in his inbox =.= so I'm posting it now. This has been in the server OP section for a while now and there have been no new revisions, so I copied it over here for all to see =)

List of rules unwritten or otherwise:
1 don't grief
2 no profane comments, skins or actions. no curse words or curse word abbreviations
2a including on signs
3 do not dupe items
4 no x-ray mod, hacks or cheats
4a do not use mods that give a player and advantage over others
4b do not ask OPs for items. OPs can't spawn items, admins aren't allowed to spawn items for personal gain.
5 do not type in all caps or spam the chat
6 respect other players here in your actions and words
7 have fun
8 do not call MetalicPenguin4 "menguin"

misc.
9 ask nicely when you need it to stay night. if people want it day, leave it day.
10 do not give, sell or trade kits to other players

Adventure World aka AW
1 leave behind all valuables you don't want to lose
2 feel free to steal from chests, but no major griefing
3 do not ask for a tp out of AW
4 health is on so beware
5 do not pvp log (run away after fighting)
6 do not turn time to day in AW from outside

Before started I'd like to point out that all players that play on the server of any rank, member, OP and admin alike, are subject to these rules. Any infractions by our staff should be screen shot and reported via forum PM to our Internal Affairs Admin - EducatedPizza. Infractions made by non-staff can be reported to any OP. Any infractions made by EducatedPizza may be reported to Aeonex_Ashaxei or Clownfish.

1 Griefing is the removal or addition of blocks/items from someone else's build. Griefing is basically trolling except with building instead of using words/actions. Trolling is not allowed either and is considered griefing and disrespectful. This does not include a bunch of friends messing with each other. As long as everyone isn't annoyed, hurt emotionally or angry and everyone is just joking around, that isn't considered trolling.
This rule was made to prevent people from destroying the server's builds. It has evolved to include verbal assaults or attempts to insight negative emotions from others to keep the environment friendly.

2 Profane in this context means things generally accepted as offensive to certain groups of people. We have many people from many different countries play on this server, and thus need to be considerate to these people by refraining from some obvious and some not so obvious phrases. We strive to be family friendly, thus curses and their abbreviations are the most heavily stressed. Inappropriate skins will be asked to be replaced, such as ones depicting naked or near naked people. This rule applies to builds and words on signs as well.
This rule was made to keep the family friendly environment for all ages that play on our server. This server was originally made for a little girl to play on with friends, lets keep that in mind

3 do not use glitches in the game to duplicate items. Straight forward.
This rule was made to prevent unfair advantages for those who know how to do this. Our server is a legit build server, for the most part, and we wish to keep it that way in the areas designated as such.

4 Similar to rule 3, this is to prevent non-legit item obtaining and advantages to those playing without mods. We have /kit to provide items to our players that we think don't hurt our server by providing. OPs don't have the command to spawn items, don't ask them for any.

5 avoid using all caps in your sentences. We know people use this for emphasis or to catch attention, but to many it's plain annoying. Using caps consistently in lines of text will be considered spam and you may be muted or kicked if you persist after being unmuted.
This rule was made to cut down on the spam in our server chat. Many players got annoyed at everyone using caps lock, so we decided to enforce it as a rule. Some OPs enforce this a little too emphatically, so be careful =)

6 This is not to give an excuse for players to tell other players how to behave around them. This simply means insults, implications or outright, are not allowed unless, like rule 1, all the players involved are joking and unhurt by them. If someone tells you something you're doing is offensive, try to back off from the topic or bring it to an OP to see if they're being unreasonable. Keep in mind different OPs have different opinions, don't rub a victory in the offended person's face or blatantly do what offends them, it might come back to bite you.
While there isn't a rule that says you're not allowed to explore other peoples' houses/builds, if the owner asks you to leave, please do so. If you suspect that player of breaking a rule, tell an OP and let them investigate.
This rule too was made to enforce that friendly environment and keep drama at a minimum.

7 If you're angry or frustrated while playing a game, you probably need to change something about your expectations of that game or how you play it. Talk with an OP about players making gameplay unbearable, perhaps we can help. Please refrain from causing drama so others can have fun as well.

8 A sad result from shppthwhtfx's nickname play of the M from metalic and enguin from penguin. Shpp now refers to MetalicPenguin4 as pengy, but others have persisted in calling him menguin because of his outrageous reaction to it. He has professed it as disrespectful and very trollsome. This "joke" is popular among OPs, thus the official rule about it. To this day we're not sure if MetalicPenguin4 is joking or not about his rage from this. If he chooses to, he may follow the process of warn, kick then tempban for this, even on other OPs. Screenshots may result in a demotion of OPs doing this.

Misc.

9 the majority of players like to play and build while it's sunny. Anyone with the /time command may change the time to day, but if you want night, please ask the other players online before changing it to night. If anyone refuses, respect that and let it stay day.
This rule was made to stop the persistent toggling of /time command. Players would either fight over it being day or night or would simply change it back and forth by themselves to annoy everyone else. That causes lag and is annoying, thus we made a rule. If someone is spamming time night, either PM an admin on the forums or type out this in game at the time of the spamming: /modreq check chat log for /time night, someone is spamming

10 Do not give, trade, or sell kits to players of ranks that do not have those kits. This means you can't give a B3 kit to a B2 but you can give a B3 kit to a B5.
This rule was made because the ranks have been set up so that players get rewarded by climbing the ranks. If players give kits away to lower ranks then that would be rendered pointless. Selling them may make it seem like they have to work for the kits still, but if all the higher ranks sold what they have an infinite supply of, the prices would competitively drop to near nothing making them be practically being given away.

AW

1 Items lost in AW will not be replaced by an admin, don't bother asking. Damage is on and there are hostile mobs, this is simply a warning.

2 You may break a few blocks to gain entrance to someone's home and break valuable blocks to steal them. Major griefing that does not benefit you such as placing lava or obsidian all over is not allowed.

3 OPs are not allowed to teleport you out of AW or pvp world. You don't have warp or tp commands for a reason, the world was made with the idea of having to deal with the environment and other players until you manage to find your way back to the spawn. The exit is at the end of a hole marked by a sponge tower with torches on it. Similarly, players are not allowed to teleport to you from outside of AW. If an OP does so and starts attacking you, report them via forum PM to an admin or clownfish.

4 similarly to #1, health/damage and hostile mobs are enabled in AW. Be as careful as you would in survival single player.

5 if you attack someone, be sure not to leave AW until one of you dies or they've lost track of you if they were hunting you. Same rule for hit and runs concerning no-pvp zones such as PvP world's spawn area. It is not pvp logging to be leaving AW and be ambushed and manage to escape through the portal. Being attacked does not give you the responsibility to participate in PvP.

6 Some have figured out how to change time in different worlds using /time. It is not allowed to change the time in AW, even if asked. You will be tempbanned for a day if you are caught doing so and have /time command taken away from you.

RE: Server Rules explained/discussed - FUGGNUTZ - 07-29-2012

RE: Server Rules explained/discussed - shppthwhtfx - 07-30-2012

I have heard people call him that recently. I agree it's unnecessary though... it falls under rule 6: respect other players, it is however a rule. Better to explain it than not.

RE: Server Rules explained/discussed - MetalicPenguin4 - 07-31-2012

Well Lukas, that's a lie. The whole "menguin" thing is fine, but it just gets kind of annoying when the whole server calls me that. I don't at all mind if a few players call me that. I never got mad over it. It was just a little annoying when everyone on the server called me that.

RE: Server Rules explained/discussed - Aeonex - 08-02-2012

Very thorough work here Shpp, thanks a lot for your effort here. This will come it handy when I decide to set flag zones for rules in our spawns and portals. (So as to force our new members to see the rules)

You've done a lot of work for CFEW Shpp, keep it up. =)

RE: Server Rules explained/discussed - Eaglefighter - 08-04-2012

RE: Server Rules explained/discussed - clownfish - 08-04-2012

RE: Server Rules explained/discussed - shppthwhtfx - 08-04-2012

I wrote them in the posted order, 4a and b being extensions of 4. I doubt there will be confusion because of that though =P What I'm hearing is no disagreements, is that true or did you all just not read it all? haha

RE: Server Rules explained/discussed - Eaglefighter - 08-05-2012

RE: Server Rules explained/discussed - shppthwhtfx - 08-05-2012

fair enough =) If no one comes forward with any other changes, concerns or questions, I'll make a new thread of it to the main discussion area for everyone else to join in on and close this one ...or maybe just move the whole thread.