CFEW Forums
Lord_Magmus temp banned for speaking in caps - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Lord_Magmus temp banned for speaking in caps (/showthread.php?tid=1037)

Pages: 1 2

Lord_Magmus temp banned for speaking in caps - Magmus - 10-06-2012

Why am I banned for 2 days? What did I do wrong?

RE: Banned??? - Thomas - 10-06-2012

AHHHH idk sad to hear well we will hopefully fine out

RE: Banned??? - rondolight - 10-06-2012

Lord_Magmus has been temp banned for 2 days for speaking in caps. He has previously been warned numerous times by serveral OPs and OPits (including me).

RE: Lord_Magmus temp banned for speaking in caps - DragMeDownUnder - 10-06-2012

I've seen him talk with capslock several times. And i have given him many warnings too. But i weren't able to do anything cause i were in AW so yeah..

RE: Lord_Magmus temp banned for speaking in caps - Indrae - 10-06-2012

I'm not sure that that example really falls under the no caps rule. Yes, technically it is in all caps, but I see nothing malicious or excessive in the screenshot given.

RE: Lord_Magmus temp banned for speaking in caps - clownfish - 10-06-2012

I agree with Indrae. We don't want lots and lots of CAPS spam, but a single CAPS word here n there is tolerated. Rondo was he abusing the no caps rule a lot just prior to this message? For most cases, I would also only do a 1 day ban for breaking the Caps rule at most. It's a minor offense. Somewhere between 2 hours to 1 day is enough for the NO CAPS rule. Rondo let me know when this was and me or an admin can check the chat log and verify how bad Magmus abused this rule. If it's minor, I say we unban him (2 hour ban max) and ban again for 4 to 12 hours next offense.

@Magmus - We are just trying to keep our rules enforced here. We mean no personal upset or hurt feelings to you. If this was minor we will lessen or remove the ban. Checking now ok

RE: Lord_Magmus temp banned for speaking in caps - TheAcidHammer - 10-06-2012

I have warned him before aswell, don't have screenshots sorry

RE: Lord_Magmus temp banned for speaking in caps - rondolight - 10-06-2012

At first glance this punishment might seem harsh.

As Drag and Acid have also mentioned, Lord_Magmus has been warned numerous times (before today). Some players just don't adhere to warnings.

RE: Lord_Magmus temp banned for speaking in caps - Indrae - 10-06-2012

That is true, but there is a difference between the occasional LOL and TYPING EVERYTHING OUT LIKE THIS. Has he been using caps to a larger extent than what is shown in the picture?

RE: Lord_Magmus temp banned for speaking in caps - shppthwhtfx - 10-06-2012

For minor rules like this, there needs to be plainly viewed steps of punishment. We shouldn't extend the verbal warnings and then ban for two days to make up for lost time.
1st time you notice = verbal warning
2nd time you notice and remember the last verbal warning = kick
3rd time you notice and remember the last kick = 2 hour ban or muting
If they continue AND it's noticeable enough that you remember doing all of the above, move on to worse punishments. The most important thing of these steps is that you must remember the last punishment. If it was so long ago that you're not sure it was them or don't remember them breaking the rule, the process resets to first warning.

It may be too late this time to follow these steps, but unless he was being obnoxious with his caps and actually annoying people with them, we should lessen the ban. If people were genuinely annoyed by his usage of caps, decide based on the magnitude of annoyance.