CFEW Forums
nshoebox Instant H4 Promotion - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: nshoebox Instant H4 Promotion (/showthread.php?tid=104)

Pages: 1 2 3

nshoebox Instant H4 Promotion - 9bjames - 01-20-2012

Last night, after consideration, me and LordofPain decided, due to shoe's exceptional performance on the server, that he should be promoted from guest, straight to H4. The reasons are the following; he has been on the server the required length of time but requested not to be promoted, his builds truly are exceptional, and despite some people thinking he stays quietly too much and just sticks to his own builds, i have noticed him offering help to others.
I know some players might be unhappy about my and lord's decision, so I set up this thread for people to discuss, so we can come to an overall decision. It may be that our actions to promote were a little hasty, but I do still stick by my opinion that he has earnt it.
For now, I would like to request that shoe remains as H4, until it is decided otherwise, either by a group decision on the whole by OPs and other players, or by Clownfish himself.
I understand why the rules on promotions are in place, probably more than some other people, but in this case I personally believed that shoe deserved to be an exception.

As I say, if anybody disagrees, feel free to raise concerns, and we can discuss any actions to be taken if the majority feels that lord and I acted out of turn.

RE: nshoebox Instant H4 Promotion - Mayhem - 01-20-2012

I feel shoe actually does deserve the promo. To at the very least B3 if anything. His builds are beyond any guest has ever done and he is helpful in the community. I agree with James's and Lord's decision. Sure it's not in the rule book, but exceptions are always made for those who deserve, am i right?

RE: nshoebox Instant H4 Promotion - 9bjames - 01-20-2012

Update, shoe felt that it was causing problems, so requested lord to go back to guest afterall.
Even so, I think a decision should be made about it, one which can be agreed on without any problems from other people. I don't think it's right for him to stay guest after all he has done.

RE: nshoebox Instant H4 Promotion - MetalicPenguin4 - 01-20-2012

I think that you shouldn't be able to promote people FOUR promotions up...MAYBE two...four is a lot to skip. Hasn't he only been on the server for 2 or 3 weeks? A lot of players would love to skip promos...Cloj wants to be B3, does that mean we have to promote her straight to T7 because we think she deserves it?

I'm pretty sure he's been on longer than that.
The whole reason we did promote him was because he fit the requirements as I had said, it wasn't to "skip" ranks as you so bluntly put it.
The reason why anyone is promoted in the first place is because of how they have earnt their rank. So if a player had earnt it, and had been playing on the server for the right amount of time, why shouldn't we be allowed to "promote people FOUR promotions up", for something they deserve?

RE: nshoebox Instant H4 Promotion - MetalicPenguin4 - 01-20-2012

Remember the whole wait one week in between promos thingy? And nope, he hasn't been on for four weeks.

RE: nshoebox Instant H4 Promotion - lordofpain - 01-20-2012

Shoe honestly deserved this promo, and we will get clown to be the the judge.... shoe has helped the server community as well, but shoe would like to keep is server help confidential.

RE: nshoebox Instant H4 Promotion - blueapplepiedude - 01-20-2012

(01-20-2012, 10:24 PM)lordofpain Wrote: Shoe honestly deserved this promo, and we will get clown to be the the judge.... shoe has helped the server community as well, but shoe would like to keep is server help confidential.

i dunno if shoe should get h4 instantly.
i have been on the server for like a month now and if some random guest just becomes h4, its just like a slap to the face. i think shoe does deserve this but i think few week wait first.

Peng, I know very clearly about the "wait one week" policy, he's been on the server for several now. And I was under the impression that he had been on for 4 weeks. Clown can confirm if you're really adamant about it, but even so, I always believed there was room for exceptions within the rules, in certain rare cases.

RE: nshoebox Instant H4 Promotion - blueapplepiedude - 01-20-2012

(01-20-2012, 11:18 PM)9bjames Wrote: Peng, I know very clearly about the "wait one week" policy, he's been on the server for several now. And I was under the impression that he had been on for 4 weeks. Clown can confirm if you're really adamant about it, but even so, I always believed there was room for exceptions within the rules, in certain rare cases.

oh yeah he hasnt been on THAT long....... he came on when i was b3 or just became h4.