CFEW Forums
Main World 2.0 - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Main World 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=1055)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Main World 2.0 - Indrae - 10-11-2012

We have been using the same map as our main world for the last 2 years. It has seen numerous updates, and the effects can clearly be seen. The map is pockmarked with hideous terrain due to updates and in general, extremely ugly builds that lower the aesthetic of the server. If we are to move forward into a bright new future, we need a bright, shiny, new place to do so.

I do not want to remove the current main world entirely. That would negate all the hard work of hundreds, maybe thousands of people over the course of two years. I want to lock the old main world off to newcomers to the server. The old main world would still be accessible and usable by those who have already built and mined in it. It would serve as a showcase for CFEW's history and how far it has come.

What I want to add is a new world to serve as our new, official, main world. It would have the same features as the current main world (implemented in a better fashion), and would serve the same purpose. It would be a relatively small world at first, perhaps around 1000 by 1000 blocks. As the need arises, it would be expanded.

These are my thoughts on this, and I want to hear your's.

RE: Main World 2.0 - DragMeDownUnder - 10-11-2012

I think this idea is really good actually. It would be much more building space, and no need to build 2 blocks away from another person.

RE: Main World 2.0 - lordofpain - 10-11-2012

This is what were discussing on my thread, so I agree that we need this new world, but can clowns hardware handle it?

RE: Main World 2.0 - Indrae - 10-11-2012

I apologize for hijacking the discussion, just wanted it to take place in a more official manner (which will hopefully get things done as well).

I think that Clown's hardware can handle it, if we are reasonable in implementing this. Keep in mind that this will be done in the larger context of simplifying/streamlining things, which will involve downsizing underutilized worlds, or removing them.

RE: Main World 2.0 - Eaglefighter - 10-11-2012

would peopel taht have a build in th old world be able to refien those builds? so that they can only work in their own zones or something?

RE: Main World 2.0 - Indrae - 10-11-2012

I'll have to discuss it with clown, but we should be able to configure things so that people can only build in zones they own or are added to in the world. In fact, that may be the best route to choose. If people have builds in the current main world, they will still be able to change or continue them.

RE: Main World 2.0 - Eaglefighter - 10-11-2012

but a new world would be good, a lto of building space and a more updated map in general. And then we can jsut make the world that is now our main world into a museum of kind. And then just zoneowners will be able to build there, in their own zones.

RE: Main World 2.0 - clownfish - 10-11-2012

RE: Main World 2.0 - invinsable12 - 10-12-2012

How would we build in our zones if all zones are flagged so we can't build, don't understand, do we ask clown to remove the flag if we want to continue building? Also it would be helpfull if you remove /tpa from the permissions for current main world as new players might want to tpa to an experienced member of the server, and might be taken to the current main world. Just putting it out their, please consider this clown

RE: Main World 2.0 - blueapplepiedude - 10-12-2012

Basically, here's what should be done.
The clown adds every single player that has ever joined the server to the 1.0 zone.
Recommendation: go to plugins/essentials/user data
Then control+a all the icons of player.yml's
Remove all yml extensions (a long process that I would be willing to do.)
Someone could send me the text file with all the yml names.
I'd say I could have it done in 1 or 2 days..

Or

See if there's a way with groupmanager where there may be a node for certain building perms in certain worlds.

Found this:
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/blockrules/