CFEW Forums
Main World 2.0 - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Main World 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=1055)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Main World 2.0 - Justin Case Kazoo - 10-12-2012

@Invin Players who joined before 2.0 would be able to continue building in 1.0. New players could explore 1.0, but would not be able to build in it. They could still /tpa to others in 1.0 and see builds, they just couldn't actually build in the world.
This thread has some more information:
http://forum.cfew.us/showthread.php?tid=1048

RE: Main World 2.0 - Chloe - 10-12-2012

I don't know... I feel that an entire new world might be a bit much and we should work on deleting old/outdated/never-used worlds first but I do second that we need a new updated map along with a new generation of players. Maybe even move builds (that people ask to have moved) moved from old world to the new one? Still this means a lot is being asked of the admins and I really hate giving 3-4 people (depending on if Clown is defined as admin/owner) all that work to do. But yeah have the old world limited to previous players

Oh and If we could improve the server cap. of players to like.... 40 or 50... that would be cool.

RE: Main World 2.0 - Indrae - 10-12-2012

I don't know if raising the player cap is feasible or not right now. I need to look into what other servers of those sizes are running on compared to what we have. Clown's internet speed also factors into that.

A new world would not be as big of a stress on the server as a lot of you may think. If we take it slowly and reasonably size it, we can pull it off. Also, we are going to be reviewing unused worlds that could possibly be removed. Keep in mind though, that unless those worlds are actually being rendered by a player walking through them, they shouldn't be causing too much trouble.

RE: Main World 2.0 - blueapplepiedude - 10-12-2012

What is clowns internet speed?
(10-12-2012, 05:09 AM)Indrae Wrote: I don't know if raising the player cap is feasible or not right now. I need to look into what other servers of those sizes are running on compared to what we have. Clown's internet speed also factors into that.

A new world would not be as big of a stress on the server as a lot of you may think. If we take it slowly and reasonably size it, we can pull it off. Also, we are going to be reviewing unused worlds that could possibly be removed. Keep in mind though, that unless those worlds are actually being rendered by a player walking through them, they shouldn't be causing too much trouble.

RE: Main World 2.0 - lordofpain - 10-12-2012

Well, i see servers like the MCserverUK and The Voxel Box hosting 50-200 people without lag, and i know that MCserverUK only have 8gb of ram (not sure whjat the cpu is)

RE: Main World 2.0 - blueapplepiedude - 10-12-2012

just want to say, i run a 640mb server (pentium 2), essentials plugin
almost no lag. (tiny bit of mob damage/attack lag)

I ran a test on speedtest.com on clown's computer (using teamviewer).

The results I got were as follows:

Ping: 27 ms
Download Speed: 23.80 mbps
Upload Speed: 0.89 mbps

I can't say with full accuracy that these are accurate, keep that in mind.

RE: Main World 2.0 - clownfish - 10-12-2012

I'll test the internet speed when no one is on. The download is nice, but the upload is average. My server has 6 core CPU, each core running at 3.0 GHz. I have 16 GB of DDR2. The computer is dedicated to CFEW and I lightly use it for CFEW files or plugin browsing. The computer averages about 21% CPU usage and 30% RAM usage.

Yea Voxel Box must have some crazy good internet. Does anyone know what they have or pay per month? To host 50-200 players you should have a very very good internet connection. My internet is $55 a month and it's cable internet with the Super Speed Upgrade. Should be Mid to High among what is sold in my area.

RE: Main World 2.0 - clownfish - 10-12-2012

@Indrea - Thanks. I'll check the test again without any 'teamviewer' or players on either server in the AM to get accurate results. They will be close, but not too far off. The upload speed should peek over 1mbps. I wish that was higher.

I'm willing to bet that the upload speed may be just a little bit off. Just did a test of my own internet speed, and I'm looking at 12.91 mbps for the upload speed. I'm betting that the servers running (and doing it over teamviewer) may have something to do with that. Also, I'd try it with a few different websites. 12.91 sounds a little high for where I'm at (and just absurdly high in general).