CFEW Forums
Space World Revamp - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Space World Revamp (/showthread.php?tid=1061)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Space World Revamp - Indrae - 10-11-2012

Please post any discussion related to the space world renovation here.

RE: Space World Revamp - Chloe - 10-12-2012

ehhh.... delete it... can't we leave arenas in spaceworld? or even just mainworld? spaceworld kinda is weird and we already have something like it... just gotta give people fly permissions in flatland if they want it.

RE: Space World Revamp - blueapplepiedude - 10-12-2012

I guess we can delete spaceworld. people just started living there to get free space...
Theres a bunch of cobble/dirt builds..

RE: Space World Revamp - shppthwhtfx - 10-12-2012

As ind has mentioned before, spaceworld isn't in the way of anything and doesn't take much processing power. It adds next to nothing to the backup time and in my opinion has potential to be interesting... if we figure out how to lead people to the kind of building it was made for.

It was made so people could build spacecraft and such like the Enterprise or some planets, what we got are cobble structures at glass level. Is it possible to stretch a warp back to the spaceworld spawn across what would normally be bedrock layers? That might prevent people from depending on the floor for their builds and also encourage more of floating designs in the middle of space.

Arenas
As for the arenas, is there a way to crowd them more so that the spawners from adjacent arenas aren't active but they leave more space for other builds? Effectively shove them all in a corner, even stack the ones open to the sky on top of the enclosed ones? Or would that make them all laggy when they're being used? I can rezone them if an admin moves them, it'd just take not using //expand vert while using a few clicks and /region redefine.
If you're planning something else, just ignore this suggestion xD but the rest of this post is more development on it.

Spawners aren't active outside 16 blocks radius. I suggest putting 20 blocks between the boundries of these arenas so we don't have to calculate exact distance. The 20 instead of 16 is to keep people outside from activating two arenas at once and it's easier to count than 16. Ghast, magma, skeleton, silverfish, blaze and slime would make a nice base to this shelf of arenas. Have the next layer level with each other, there's plenty of space going upward: creeper and spider spaced far apart. The next one be the rest except squid.

The squid arena has to be at a certain level for it to spawn correctly, not sure what to suggest with that one and I'm not sure if any others have that problem.

open air need light. simi-open would do better at the top, but doesn't need it. simi-closed can be below others, but has view of the outside. closed air should be under others.
Open air arenas: pig cow chicken squid(has to be at it's altitude) sheep(doesn't have spawners/sheep)
simi open air arenas: pigmen zombie
simi closed air arenas: slime spider creeper blaze
closed air arenas: magma ghast skeleton silverfish

RE: Space World Revamp - Indrae - 10-12-2012

I'd say move the arenas to their own world. No reason to combine them with spaceworld.

RE: Space World Revamp - lordofpain - 10-12-2012

Okay, as my post was identically deleted i shall post it again.
Space world was supposed to be a world for the servers 'recognized' builders to create majestic and magnificent space crafts and planets with the ease of fly mode and creative. What has it become? A world in which has been tarnished with blocks of cobble and dirt, ruined by younger players. Space world is a disgrace. If we ever want space world to become the amazing, mega-world it was supposed to be, we need to implement these actions:

1) We need to appoint a council for space world, as city world has. We need people to control and manage this world.

2) Regulate who builds in space world. No players below a certain rank should be allowed to build in Space World, I suggest that the 'space council' should be able to give out building 'permits'.

3) Give Space world the map it deserves, one that is more like the voxel box's world, one which is bottomless, dark and full of stars. I am not entirely sure how we would obtain this but i will look into it.

4)Give players creative mode. Space world was supposed to be a world in which players could build massive mega-structures with ease, without the need to worry about materials.

5)Perhaps in-world player promotions to allow them to move on to larger pieces of area, that way space world will stay clean, and impressive.

If these five things are implemented on space world, i have faith that we can make it great. I will leave you with this, Space world was never supposed to be a world for the new players, it was supposed to be for the old, experienced players to build to their hearts content, with no boundaries on their imagination. Space world could be a testament to the servers greatness, i say could, because i fear this dream will be destroyed, so if you truly want space world to survive, and if you want it to become an amazing, creative world, please so so in the comments below.
Thank you

RE: Space World Revamp - clownfish - 10-12-2012

@lordofpain - well put and I fully agree
@Indrea - yea could work, but I guess we need to watch our total # of worlds.

RE: Space World Revamp - Eaglefighter - 10-13-2012

I think architect rank would be good enough to build in spaceworld. But what do we with opit+? i mean to be a good op you dont have to be a good builder.
With this system it would mean that the OP council would give out the permits to build.

RE: Space World Revamp - lordofpain - 10-13-2012

Eagle, i think we need to make it architect plus, with the council giving special permits to honors
Members are not to build in this world, unless they are very, very talented, which if so they should have already gained architect

RE: Space World Revamp - Indrae - 10-13-2012

That would be a good method. One flaw: It is currently impossible to get architect. We may say it is, but it isn't.