CFEW Forums
What is our focus? - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: What is our focus? (/showthread.php?tid=1062)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: What is our focus? - blueapplepiedude - 10-17-2012

let us have an input too indrae, let the People decide! last time the ranks were proposed, they were done by ops and admins. let us not make the same mistake again!

RE: What is our focus? - boxmana - 10-17-2012

Blue, if its not relevant to the topic, please do not post it. Ranks were changed because of drama because of 'rank gaming', and players had an input as well. Not only that, but the excessive config went on forever, and the new ranking system makes it easier for ops and players both. Whether the old ranks were fun or not, we decided to keep the fun aspect of ranks, lessen drama, and make it easier for ops by simplifying them.

RE: What is our focus? - charlie2134 - 10-17-2012

I think it's too soon but sadly the ranks do need to change, so they aren't building based anymore (as indrae said)

RE: What is our focus? - fireb4llz - 10-17-2012

This had nothing to do with the rank system change. I recall this being a problem already in which I was hoping the rank switch would solve. Unfortunately it didn't.

RE: What is our focus? - charlie2134 - 10-17-2012

One of The reasons the ranks need to be changed are because of the aspect that a ops allowed to just say to someone that build is not good enough. I know the ops do it as nicely as possible but its still not fair on people

I'm sorry I am trailing off the subject of focuses but I'm just saying what needs to be said

Well should we just have like trusted1, trusted2, 3, 4, etc?
although building ranks need to go, architect should stick. people who have it are definitely worthy of it

Ok, this thread is now getting off topic.
@Charlie and blue: We are not changing the ranks, the ranks were changed and our current system works fine. So please do not post anything further about the ranks as it is just driving this thread off topic. Ops are nice, and if a builds not good enough, we say so based on rank requirements from the OLD RANK SYSTEM. Very few people make unworthy builds, and we are not mean to them if they aren't worthy.
Now, lets get this train back on track

Ok lets start with these ideas. Tell me on the ideas yes or no.
More space to build: yes/no
Less plugins: yes/no
Less worlds (get rid of underused worlds): yes/no
keep minigames (aw, pvp, etc): yes/no
(10-17-2012, 01:48 AM)blueapplepiedude Wrote: I believe when I first started playing cfew, it was a nice community and was a place to build.
Now I feel that somewhere in between then and now, we have too many plugins and mini games and too many worlds. I think one of the reasons cfew isn't much of a building server anymore because we simply ran out of space for any cool big builds.

Now I'm not saying that the community today isn't good though.
Hope teh paragraph helps.

Blue earlier in this post we did mention that we need less worlds, and that were going with the basic 3 world system(atm at least). There aren't many plugins we don't need or use, and mini games would technically fall under worlds. We are removing pvp entirely as well.
P.S. No disrespect meant, but please read the WHOLE thread before posting. It keeps things from being repeated and the thread from going off topic/dragging on.

Whoops box. i was just trying to jump-start this thread back on topic. what are the 3 worlds we are keeping?