CFEW Forums
What is our focus? - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: What is our focus? (/showthread.php?tid=1062)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: What is our focus? - boxmana - 10-17-2012

(10-13-2012, 04:50 PM)fire897 Wrote:
Indrea Wrote:And when I say building, I mean just building for the fulfillment that brings. We don't need ranks to tell people they are good at building.

I'm guessing you're referring to Architect. tbh, I agree with this. Considering there is only 1 person who actually has that rank and I doubt many more will obtain it, I am questioning why we have it. If we ever made a Architect only permission only one person would be able to use it.

Also, we need a new End world as well, I've noticed a LOT of people have killed the Ender Dragon recently and caused a pretty big mess of portals. I would clean it but my FPS drops to nearly unplayable levels everytime I go there from all the portals that were made.

indrea Wrote:We could organize it into three types: Normal (Main World, no mobs, no damage, legitimate item collecting), Adventure World (Survival, mobs on, legitimate item collecting, with separate inventory from Normal), and Creative (creative mode on, obviously).We could reduce our number of worlds to the bare minimum needed to satisfy these areas. We don't need PvP, or any kind of special game mode.

I for the most part agree with this statement. I think this could be further defined as

Normal
-Main World(fresh map)
-History World(if we want to keep the old main map)
-Nether
-The_End(please get a fresh map)
-Mob World(A world for Mob Arenas. They should not be in space. Also, can we find a more controlled way to spawn the mobs?)

Creative
-Creative
-Space World(revamped)
-Sandbox(Since CityWorld is a mess, Maybe we do our Build experimentation or very random freebuilding here. Just an idea.)

Adventure
-AW
-Seperate End(If we can)
-Seperate Nether(If we can)

This would end up removing PVP, Planets, Tunnels, Desert, CW, CWtest, Thomvanberlo, Thomvanberlo2, Redstone World, flatlands etc. Obviously some of these worlds(especially CW and CWtest) have quite a few builds which their owners would not want them destroyed. I'm thinking that Clown could maybe put all the worlds we're removing in a shared folder with the admins and maybe save and email WE schematics of builds upon request and perhaps with larger builds (like James' build in Desert or Box's WIP castle in Redstone world) we can just send the map file. Also, maybe we could keep a few of these worlds for the time being if we feel we should.

As for a couple of notes on Adventure World, you may notice I added separate end and seperate nether onto the list. Tbh, I think we should have exclusive invs for that world just like creative. I feel like being able to start out with full diamond gear somewhat ruins the survival aspect of that world. Is there maybe some type of plugin that could allow portals in AW to go to a different end/nether rather than portals in Main? Also, The reason I don't go in there very often is mainly because I am not able to perform my OP duties while I'm in there. Maybe we can give OPs the ability to tp out of there or maybe some other solution to the problem we can think of.

Additional notes, Mob Arenas should be put in their own seperate world. Space World(like we actually discussed in the original thread) should be a creative world. I have no clue why Aeon decided to ignore our input on the space world thread and make it Survival in the first place. Tbh, I wouldn't be against chucking this idea if it is just cluttering the server but it seems like it would provide a large workspace for spaceships/space stations or other vehicle type builds. Also, I'm against Ender Dragon Spawning, go to our current End World and you'll see why.

Read fires amazing post above :3

RE: What is our focus? - blueapplepiedude - 10-17-2012

RE: What is our focus? - boxmana - 10-18-2012

I do not believe any plugins need to be gotten rid of. They don't take up that much memory or ram, and we use them all.

RE: What is our focus? - blueapplepiedude - 10-18-2012

There may be a few here and there... maybe

RE: What is our focus? - Indrae - 10-18-2012

blue, please try to post things that have actual substance to them. (and do not reply to this with "ok")

RE: What is our focus? - blueapplepiedude - 10-18-2012

I will try to from now on indrae... (didnt say that one word)

RE: What is our focus? - Indrae - 10-23-2012

Just to get this back on track, I'd like to add this thought: We can try to welcome everyone, but we can't try to cater to everyone's needs. When we try to do that, we end up losing focus on the things this server does right. We aren't a very large server, and we never will be. We have to try to stay within our limits. We can't have great PvP battles, and we can't have an ultra elite building community. We need to keep our goals realistic.

RE: What is our focus? - EducatedPizza - 10-23-2012

Well, before adding new worlds (besides creative), I think there are some problems we need to fix with our current ones to get them to good working order.

1) make sure OP and up have permissions in all worlds that help them do their jobs
2) Alternate Inventories for AW
3) End (new map?)
4) Space world (move mob arenas)

This is just what I read In fire's post, but Im sure theres more that need added. The point being that creating worlds and worlds and worlds can be fun, but getting them all to a good working order will help them last

RE: What is our focus? - Thomas - 10-24-2012

From all of these arguments I c on shout box and appeals What really is out focus are we gonna keep arguing about little griefs or anything like that If your perm banned that's it you can't make the admins change there mind ... Our focus right now that I'm seeing isn't going nowhere hat happened to the CFEW 1 and a 1/2 years ago!!! I'm kinda shocked ;( hope we can get better...

RE: What is our focus? - Indrae - 10-24-2012

Could you perhaps rephrase that with some punctuation? I'm having trouble comprehending a good chunk of that statement.