CFEW Forums
A few suggestions.... - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: A few suggestions.... (/showthread.php?tid=1090)

A few suggestions.... - Toufen - 10-15-2012

So I have a few ideas, not all may work.
1. A command that lets you buy and sell even if you are not at a chest, the stock would be the server's stock (which by they way is never ending) and people could do stuff like financing and doing business.This however can make newcomers think that our server is an economic based server.
2. How about a pet shop? In which you pick up bones from a chest or fish from a chest and go trying to tame cats and dogs in separate enclosures. The only problem in my opinion is the fact that people may take moar than they should or need.
3.A fishing world would be cool, imagine you want to fish with your friend. So you warp to this world where it's mostly ocean and you're free to fish.
4. A public mine so you can mine with your friends
5. What about an arena to kill ender dragons? This would be a good way to earn experience to enchant your items, but, it may create mass amount of LAG.

Well these are five ideas.... More are in the way!
Feel free to CNC.

RE: A few suggestions.... - shppthwhtfx - 10-15-2012

These suggestions are better than you think =P so good that a few have been seriously discussed before.

1. This is a plugin that was an alternative to our current economy when we were deciding between a few a while ago. I'm sure aeon would be glad to know another has independently suggested it. I'm not sure, however, that we'll add that since we're settling into the current plugin.

2. I like this idea... it has been tried before differently and failed, and the only way I can think to do this is have admins/superOPs with /spawnmob to sell pets personally and have the money thrown at the server instead of in their personal accounts. Not sure about that though.
Maybe if you could elaborate a different way that wouldn't involve completely trusting consumers to only take what they need, as you yourself said was the major problem =/

3. I doubt we'll make a world just for fishing. You might be able to convince an admin to make a giant fish bowl to fish in though. I actually think someone made a fishing lake somewhere... I don't remember the warp though. There is an ocean biom near /warp shpppark if you get desperate in the meantime for some quiet fishing =P

4. public mines have been made by individuals and seem to work for a few months at a time. If you'd like to start one, go at it. Mines do run dry eventually though and nearby zones are always in the way. For those reasons you don't see many public mines continuously active.

5. We have been talking about continuously or daily spawning an enderdragon. They do cause a mess when they die with their portals and have made a wreck of /warp the_end. The admins could refresh the landscape to what it was just after all the building was done, but that is unnecessary work for them. I personally am for daily or weekly spawning, but I understand why others are opposed.

Keep it up with the ideas though =) we may have had a lot of these ideas before, but at the very least you're reminding us of some options and you might learn some of our server's existing features that aren't advertised that much.

RE: A few suggestions.... - blueapplepiedude - 10-15-2012

RE: A few suggestions.... - 9bjames - 10-15-2012

I'm going to keep this post short, knowing how I tend to go overkill on the writing most of the time... XD

1. Awesome idea, but possibly have high prices on the server shop so that it's more of a last resort, and so that other shops are still used.
2. Interesting... It might work when control blocks come out, to send a message to the server to spawn a mob, and take money off... but it'd have to be regulated in some way if that even does work. Not sure if it'd be such a good idea, but could be worth a try.
3. I'd have to go with Shpp on that. =P
4. Nothing stopping ya trying public mines. :3 Though it can cause a bit of drama sometimes...
5. The dragon spawning area is essentially in The End. I used to spawn the enderdragon for people when asked, when I played more often. Really I could go back to doing that now and then if it's okay, and if I can play more. =P
Also, it's possible to set up a restore point, so the map will automatically reset, periodically. That way, all of the mess created by enderdragons could be cleaned up on a daily basis without needing any admin to do it manually.

RE: A few suggestions.... - Toufen - 10-15-2012

lol i never knew you guys had a petshop. More ideas on teh way!

RE: A few suggestions.... - blueapplepiedude - 10-15-2012

The pet shop warp was /warp adoption_center