CFEW Forums
Adventure World Redevelopment - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Adventure World Redevelopment (/showthread.php?tid=1093)

Pages: 1 2

Adventure World Redevelopment - Indrae - 10-16-2012

Hello everyone!

Some OPs and Pizza and I got to talking today about ways that we could possibly expand the things that adventure world offers. Here are a few things that we came up with:

- Isolate the Adventure World inventory from other worlds. This would provide a true survival experience. You wouldn't be able to bring in diamond armor or weapons right off the bat, and would have to work your way up.

- Add in a functioning nether and end for adventure world, that share its inventory. Seeing as nether portals are currently disabled, and will remain disabled, I came up with the idea that we could add in prebuilt nether portals (utilizing the multiverse portals plugin). We could place them in very ornate temples, and we could make them look however we want (we wouldn't have to use the same old boring nether portal shape).

- Create a great new spawn area for Adventure World. I envision perhaps a very nice fortress, with a hot air balloon dock within the walls. This would not only convey the idea behind the world (survival, having to build defenses to keep yourself safe), but would also tie in with the method of getting there (from the hot air balloons at the new spawn).

- This wouldn't really improve it, but we should probably rename it, seeing as there is an actual adventure game type out now.

These are just a few ideas, but I am sure that as a community, we could come up with more. Let me know what you think!

RE: Adventure World Redevelopment - fireb4llz - 10-16-2012

Just to add on to that, we also discussed giving tp perms to the AW OP rank so OPs aren't restrained from preforming their duties while in AW.

RE: Adventure World Redevelopment - whitelily36 - 10-16-2012

RE: Adventure World Redevelopment - shppthwhtfx - 10-16-2012

They're good ideas =)

Is it going to be a fresh map with the isolated inventories or do people keep what they've already built inside it? I think it'd be best to make it fresh to have the inventory change fully take effect, but I understand if you want to keep everyone's builds in tact. After all, if they've supported and invested in AW in the past, I guess it's fair they'd keep their builds.

Maybe the nether portal(s) can be embedded in the palm of a large hand sticking out of the ground of the temple? You can use WE to copy paste them once one is made whatever you decide to make it. Or were you thinking just a more decorative boarder than a rectangle? xD

I'm liking the fortress spawn idea. Really fits in with your consistency campaign too.

Hmm... new name. How about The Perilous Wilds or maybe The Uncouth Expanse? I kinda like that one haha I'm sure someone can come up with better though >.< I tried.

RE: Adventure World Redevelopment - Indrae - 10-16-2012

The Lands of Eternal Night...would only work if we kept it night all the time. The Creeper Wildlands? New Zombieland? Ifyougohereyouwilldietopia?

As far as the name goes...I've got nothing.

RE: Adventure World Redevelopment - fireb4llz - 10-16-2012

Name ideas:

-The Wildlands
-The Creeper Hallow
-Plains of Survival
-Overleven
-Land of dangerous s***(this one was a joke)

RE: Adventure World Redevelopment - Magmus - 10-16-2012

Good Names:

Land of Death

Mobland

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're dead

RE: Adventure World Redevelopment - Eaglefighter - 10-16-2012

RE: Adventure World Redevelopment - blueapplepiedude - 10-16-2012

RE: Adventure World Redevelopment - EducatedPizza - 10-16-2012

I will be working on a spawn building for this world as my next project. I will need to know if we decide to get a fresh world because this will affect the terrain that I build on