CFEW Forums
Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) (/showthread.php?tid=1094)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Indrae - 10-16-2012

So, we are now committed to adding a public creative world. Here are a few ideas that have been tossed around:

- We would use plots, that would be sold in some manner. We need to iron out the details on how people would acquire money to buy them.

- There would be a sandbox (just a name, it wouldn't actually be a desert, although, you know, it could) area that would be wiped bi-weekly. This would serve as a place for people to test out building ideas, and just experiment with building techniques. We would make it clear that it is not guaranteed that anything built here would be saved. If someone builds something that truly impresses us, we could donate a plot to them free of charge.

- Since I want to do an asian build, I actually thought of a legitimate reason to do so. We could separate the sandbox from the plot area with the "Great Wall of CFEW". The spawn building would have the obligatory hot air balloon from the CFEW spawn, and would be styled kind of like this (http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/download-chinese-fortress/).

These are just some ideas. We want your input. Let us know what you think!

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - fireb4llz - 10-16-2012

so wait, I thought we threw out the plot world idea after the server shop was added.

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Indrae - 10-16-2012

Well, we need a way to organize things, otherwise creative world will become more chaotic than main world ever was.

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - fireb4llz - 10-16-2012

fair point, City world is a bit of a mess.

My concerns are:

1) How are we going to set up all these plots?
2) is there any way someone could obtain a large workspace for a big project?

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Indrae - 10-16-2012

They can buy multiple plots to increase their work space.

I believe there was a plugin called towny mentioned in some discussion before, for a similar purpose. I'd have to look into it to see if it would work here.

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Bblzz! - 10-16-2012

I personaly don't think you should do the plots, someone might want a bigger size than the others. Also it would be a great idea if we had different biomes to build in.
The Great Wall Of CFEW sounds epic great idea also..
Thanks
Bblzz

bb, when you get a chance, go take a look at City World (/warp icw) or even more so, City World Test (icwtest). That is what happens when you have no organization or predefined borders at all. Now imagine either of those and multiply them by several magnitudes. That is why we need plots.

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - EducatedPizza - 10-16-2012

Me and ind were discussing this a fair amount last night. I think that having a mixture of plots and a sandbox atmosphere will allow us to utilize this world the most. If we just have a giant map that is never erased, it will quickly become filled with diamond and emerald towers and no places to build because everyone wants a 300x300 space for a build that they will likely never finish. we need some method of cleaning it out, as well as a way to keep the exceptional builds and show them off.

Perhaps we could make the entire map a sandbox that is reset every two or three weeks. This can depend on the size of the map and how quickly it will fill up. Once this period is up, we could have a group of individuals (architect team) go around and find, lets say, the top 5 builds and put them in CW on display. Another option would be to use these builds in a "spawn city" if we ever get a new main world.

The main point im making is that I dont see a feasable way to make this a world where nothing is deleted. It will fill up far too quickly and ultimately cause more problems than its worth. If we reset every 3 weeks or so, it will give us a chance to get some fresh, cool, building terrain. Heck, we could even try out some custom generated terrain with really cool features such as giant valleys and mountains. Ive even seen a skyrim themed map that would make an awesome setting for some creative builds.

The only problem with having it all be a sandbox is that not all people build with completely flat terrain (meaning if we moved builds to display in CW, they would lose their value). We shoul encourage people to build with the environment.

So if we want to build with the environment, we risk a biweekly wipe?