CFEW Forums
Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) (/showthread.php?tid=1094)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Indrae - 01-09-2013

Let me clear something up a bit. My original intention was to have Plotworld be the limited accessibility world (the limitation being that players have to earn enough money to buy a plot in order to build). The Sandbox (which will be the Skylia map to start out with) was to be more of a free build world open to everyone. Neither of them were to be limited based on a ranking system. We can't use a ranking system to determine access. Honored has absolutely nothing to do with building ability, Architect is nigh impossible to obtain, and making it restricted to OP+ is just asking for resentment from the players. Let's not make this more complicated than it has to be.

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - clownfish - 01-09-2013

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Indrae - 01-09-2013

I'd say that having two plotworlds (one flat and one regular terrain) would be the best route to go as far as that is concerned. Now, for the sandbox, I would argue that it should be open to all Members, and we use the same zoning system we have now in the main world (OPs zone at player request). If we find that the terrain is getting mutilated to an intolerable degree, we can always just restore the affected parts of the map.

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - clownfish - 01-09-2013

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - whitelily36 - 01-09-2013

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - EducatedPizza - 01-09-2013

Most of this has already been said, but I wanted to give my position on the whole member+ access for the sandbox world. My original plan for this world stemmed from complaints that we were turning CW into an OP only club (which we were). Sandbox was meant for everyone. It is not a permanent map, so why not let everyone go nuts. It will give some of our regular members a chance to experience creative and finally be able to fly and build without limitation. This "should" decrease on Opit applications for users that just want the commands because they can go to creative and use these instead. Also, almost, if not all of our worlds have strict limits for members. Why not let them have the same abilities as us, even on just a temporary map. I think it is the best option for all involved and will give us the greatest return in terms of user satisfaction.

Just an idea to speed up the implementation of these worlds. I want to make sure that each of these worlds has a great spawn structure, but those kind of things take time. Why not, instead of waiting until we have those spawn buildings ready to launch the worlds, we set up temporary spawns and zone a fairly large portion of the area around them for when we have the final spawn buildings built.

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Justin Case Kazoo - 01-11-2013

I have one concern: will there be any limitations on items such as mobs, minecarts, boats, etc? Because as I'm sure most users are mature enough to not spawn hundreds to troll and lag the server, there's always those few. And I'd hate to have 99% of people have the privilege taken away because of that 1%. But then again, I'd rather prevent that from happening beforehand than having it happen and then learn. Thoughts?

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Indrae - 01-11-2013

We can look into limiting what items are available. Thanks for pointing that out.

Also, there is one slight problem that Lord and I discussed earlier today. As it stands now, a few people could buy up vast amounts of land because they have an insane amount of money. On the other end of the spectrum, you have people who play frequently but are dirt poor. How do we even things out and make them fair?

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - whitelily36 - 01-11-2013