CFEW Forums
Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) (/showthread.php?tid=1094)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - blueapplepiedude - 01-16-2013

(01-09-2013, 01:15 AM)clownfish Wrote: @Fire897 - Your right Option 1 and 2 are nearly the same thing. They only differ slightly. Option 1 (like 'desert' & 'Planetoids') was open to all who want to build there, but they needed to 'ask an OP' for a zone first. Option 2 (like City World) was more exclusive for those who have proven themselves already as 'great' builders. What style 'feels' best to you. I know you love to make very detailed and eye appealing builds. Should we organize and expand 'City World' or should we aim to make a map like Skylia more exclusive. Are you referring to the 'Architect' rank. Explain more on what you feel would be best for the CFEW community or direct me to a thread you mentioned a while back. Thanks for you input! =D

(01-09-2013, 01:09 AM)blueapplepiedude Wrote: Maybe architect should be toned down to like the equivalent of a t7.
@blueapplepiedude - Hmmm well 'Architect' and 'Trusted7' have very different origins. But I follow what you are suggesting. Without adding more ranks to our system. Perhaps 'Honored+' is what you suggest. 'Honored+' is based upon a player being votes by 3+ OPs as a 'trustworthy and in good standing' with CFEW.

@Everyone - I'm leaning towards keeping some sort of 'Creative' map open to 'Member+'. There is such a high demand for this and the masses won't rest until they get it haha. I don't think we should allow Creative to 'guest' though. A guest is someone who is very new and has not yet proven then 'care' about CFEW. As a member at at least there is some effort at being apart of the CFEW community. Keep the ideas coming, watch my post above as I add to it more. Thanks for your ideas and input.
sorry for not replying earlier, I meant that the equivalent of a t7 as in you only need 14 good builds to get architect, so people could actually achieve it easier.

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - fireb4llz - 01-16-2013

architect isn't based on quantity. Otherwise literally everyone could get it.

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Indrae - 01-16-2013

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - fireb4llz - 01-16-2013

considering we currently don't have an effective way to make money atm besides run a popular shop, I think this may be good idea. Considering there's 350 plots on that layout, I doubt we'll run out anytime soon.

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - whitelily36 - 01-16-2013

Or maybe they could just make a forum account? it's not that hard, the spambot making ten-thirty accounts per day knows that better than anyone.

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - whitelily36 - 01-16-2013

@fire - There are some players who do not have an email account, perhaps their parents don't allow it too. Players may have their own reasons why they don't/can't make a forum account. We need to make sure we can maintain good communication with everybody in-game, and not just rely on the forum.

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Indrae - 01-16-2013

Exceptions could be made on a very, very limited basis. We have a limited number of these plots, with no current plans to expand the map(s). OPs will not have the power to hand out plots on a whim (well, technically, they would...but that's not the point). There are alternatives for players who do not use the forum (such as the sandbox, main world, or adventure world).

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - lordofpain - 01-16-2013

Lily, I am sorry but we will be using the 'forum' system. We believe this system will be best for the players and easiest to manage. Not only does it give players who aren't rich the ability to make use of creative world but it will also make sure we have only 'trustworthy' players using creative world. Creative world is a privilege, and if a player doesnt have the forums, is he really a true member of CFEW, and does he deserve this privilege? Lily please understand, if we do it this way, players won't be disadvantaged. If we go with the other system, people that have absurd amounts of money will be able to buy large amounts of land and horde the money, whereas with the forum system we can make sure the land is divided equally. Besides, even if a player doesn't have a forum account, he can still use /mail in-game.
Lily, I hope you can understand.