CFEW Forums
Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) (/showthread.php?tid=1094)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Indrae - 10-16-2012

That's not what I meant. I meant that if we make the entire map a sandbox, and only display the best builds in City World (I assume that's what Pizza meant by CW), we risk jeopardizing the integrity of builds that have been built utilizing the environment. That is why plots are necessary.

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - EducatedPizza - 10-16-2012

well the plan would be that everyone builds in the sandbox area with the knowledge that their builds most likely will be deleted. It could be like the voxelbox guest build area. The buying of plots will appeal to users with more ambitious/long term projects.

Another option could be to have 2 worlds. One permenant creative world with no wipes, terrain, and no assigned plots. The other world could be either flat, or just terrain that is wiped every 2/3 weeks that could act as the trial sandbox. before people are allowed to buid in the permenant world, they have to prove themselves in the trial area. We would need a group of players to judge builds and pick which ones can be allowed to build in the permenant creative world. perhaps the architect group could do this? the reason I have kept away from this idea is that I didnt want to add more work for our OP/SOP.

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - whitelily36 - 10-16-2012

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - fireb4llz - 10-16-2012

I like pizzas option. Plotworld should be a public world open to anyone without judgement while The permanent creative world with no wipes, terrain tools, and no assigned plots(we might as well just call this one Creative World) should be for people who we feel are talented builders and have proved them selves in a trial run in the sandbox.

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Indrae - 10-16-2012

Let's not let this idea get away from us now. We need to keep things relatively simple.

We've shown in the past that our review processes just don't work.

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - fireb4llz - 10-16-2012

Well, you want a public creative world yet you want a nice looking proffesional world as well. No offense to anyone but I don't see how we can do that in the same world. If we systematically get rid of all mediocre builds in plotworld, I doubt many builds will be left and it won't seem like a public creative world like we are trying to create. Besides, if our review process is so flawed what makes you think that idea will turn out well?

Let me try to clarify a bit what I was proposing:

Whatever is built in plots that have been purchased will not be wiped (except under extreme circumstances). If someone puts in the effort to get a plot, they will probably not want to waste it on just a random cobble hut. Whatever is built in the sandbox will be wiped on a bi-weekly (every two weeks) basis. This will be made abundantly clear (through signs in the entrance area, a zone welcome message, etc.). Before it is wiped, we will go through it and find exceptional builds that deserve to be saved.

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - EducatedPizza - 10-16-2012

The issue is going to be this, plain and simple. we are going to see two things happen very quickly if we dont wipe creative world periodically or at least a portion of it. The world is going to fill up very quickly, and people are going to run out of space. Also, the world will quickly grow in size with our continued expansion due to overcrowding. The reason that our main world has stayed somewhat uncrowded for so long because users are forced to gather a majority of materials themselves. This limits building size. When creative is involved, the builds will be bigger and much more frequent. This is going to be a popular world, because no one wants to bother with getting materials. If we dont have some sort of periodic wipe or reset, i really cant see it working for an extended period of time. Lets face it, we cant keep every build on this server indefinitely. Especially if we start trying to increase our user traffic.

My goal with this new world is to have a sandbox type world that anyone can come build in. We could have custom terrain ( i know of some really fun ones) and users can just go nuts. This world will come with a stipulation. Your build will not be permenant. This will be known from the start. If users are completely adament about keeping a build, Perhaps we could go through them and create schematics for users that want to keep their finished build.

The second world, or second portion of the creative world can be plots. 50x50, 75x75, doesnt matter. These plots can be for sale. Users can buy these if they want to have a permenant project or keep working on it if the sandbox portion of the world is going to be reset. The only thing that will keep these plots private is money, which anyone can get with a little work. It will make users appreciate their plot, or two plots, or 4 plots more and help keep them from filling up quickly.

I personally like the idea of two different worlds so we can do some sweet custom terrain on the sandbox world.

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - blueapplepiedude - 10-16-2012

I think charging for zones sounds like a great idea...
it would prevent just anyone from building there and i propose extremely high prices for a zone.
Like 10,000$ for a 25x25 zone

That would be a little too steep I think.