CFEW Forums
Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) (/showthread.php?tid=1094)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - whitelily36 - 01-05-2013

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - EducatedPizza - 01-05-2013

hello all!

Im glad this is taking shape and I hope to be a big help in its initiation. I can re-summarize anything that was missed in the previous summary, but I think I got most of the "wants and needs" from all of you guys. If all is good, I think we can move forward with this pretty quickly and get this map up and running so we all can enjoy creative

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - clownfish - 01-05-2013

@Admins - I'm ready to do this today or anytime this weekend. If you want to meet up, just join me on 'TV' or PM when you can meet up today or this weekend. Let's team up and make this happen. Let's make the maps, keep them private, test them out.. etc.. I'm going to review EP's summary and test a few things now. I'm also going hunting for the purrrrfect plugin (KittyOP approved 8D ). Towny like.. etc..

Cya around and have a great weekend!

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - clownfish - 01-06-2013

OK (Step 1)
I'm going to go ahead and just make the 2 worlds. This is just to get the ball rolling.

For starts, only Admins+ will have access to these worlds. This way we can figure out how it all works and prepare things.

Here are some questions I have as I get started (anyone feel free to reply)...
should I make 'plotland' and infinate flat world by default?
If so, at what height and what ground composition? (same as RS School or Creative World?)

With 'sandbox' world what should we try first? Eldaria Island, Skylia , default v1.4.6 terrain gen, skylands ??? What sounds fun?

What border limit seems best to start with? 2000x2000 or 4000x4000?

In the 'sandbox' map what's to keep heavy griefing down? Are honored and higher allowed to build? Everyone? Do we use zones? Don't worry about it? With 'gamemode 1' or creative mode on.. griefing is as easy as ever.

This 'Towny Advanced' plugin seems promising for our 'plotland'. Have a look what does everyone think? Is it overkill? ((CLICK HERE))

I did read 'Towny' can be enabled/disabled for any given world. This is good if we only want to use it with 1 or 2 worlds.

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - clownfish - 01-06-2013

OK I'm up early. I'm going to try this plan. We can keep it private. We can delete and remake if anything is not working right.

I'll make 2 worlds now:

'plotlands' = default v1.4.6 new Terrain (with WE .. we can flatten)
(alternatively we can also have 'plotlands2' as unlimited flatland . (managed the same, but a lot less work if it expands)

'creative' = Skylia map http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/125-ready-skylia-island---skyrim-inspired-custom-terrain-with-cinematic-ores-caves-etc/
(going to try this one to experiment with first.. we can always change it or rotate monthly or bi-weekly)

For now I hope to just get the ball rolling and experiment with things here.

Working on this now... (catch me on console or TV) .. update soon =D

Update: Both worlds are created. They are not ready for public yet. They need ranks and a world border created first.

Update 2: I need the help of any Admin/OP/Player who reads this first. The creative map 'Skylia' we want to use is loaded and ready. Before we use it publicly on the server, the Author of the map wants us to contact him and ask for permission to use it. I'd do this now, but I'm so busy with other odds and ends. Come to this official 'Skylia' map link and download the map. Open the .zip file and read the 'Terms of use'. Notice the statement more than half-way down about 'using in servers'. Would someone be so kind as to contact this author on behalf of CFEW and get permission for us to use this map. I'm sure the Author will be ok with it. tyvm! ((CLICK HERE))

Update 3: The worlds now have borders and I'm working on their basic ranks. Next Admins need to meet and consider how the plugins work, double check things before players can go in. tyvm -Fishy

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - lordofpain - 01-07-2013

Okay Creative World Update:
I have created the ranks, and done the perms for the ranks, they should be ready to go.
The ranks so far are:

CreativeGuest: No build perms

CreativeBuilder: Creativemode, build perms, fly

CreativeOPit: ^+ OPit commands

CreativeOP: ^+OP commands

CreativeAdmin: ^+Admin commands

Thankyou lop

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Thomas - 01-07-2013

Wow cool Lordy! Do you have to apply for builder??? And you should make architects builders to or maybe a different rand for them?

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - Toufen - 01-08-2013

yea, the new map is AWESOME! i love this idea and the map!

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - EpicPrincess11 - 01-08-2013

(01-07-2013, 08:06 PM)tomstr123 Wrote: Wow cool Lordy! Do you have to apply for builder??? And you should make architects builders to or maybe a different rand for them?

Yeah... I'm wondering the same thing...

RE: Creative World (We're actually doing it this time around) - EducatedPizza - 01-08-2013

The original understanding (in my eyes) is that as long as you have builder in the main world, you can build in creative. The only people that wont be able to build/fly/ect. will be guests. This is so everyone can enjoy creative and build where ever they want.