CFEW Forums
iTzGeorgeXp Ban Report, Continued - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: iTzGeorgeXp Ban Report, Continued (/showthread.php?tid=11)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: iTzGeorgeXp Ban Report, Continued - TheCreeperKid - 02-09-2012

It's a Texture pack and a mod, the texture pack is just so you can see through blocks, but the mod has many things from what I heard from George, it consists of flying, brightness hack, X-ray and cave finder.

RE: iTzGeorgeXp Ban Report, Continued - mastercreeper - 02-10-2012

Risking being known as 'knowing too much about x-ray, hax0r' I do know there is a texture pack which allows to find dungeons, and that there is a mod which makes all blocks invisible save for ores. the server can detect flymods already, can't it be programed to detect xray mods.

RE: iTzGeorgeXp Ban Report, Continued - 9bjames - 02-10-2012

There probably are distinct signs that the server could detect, and flag up whether or not a user is using xray, but not sure if there's a plugin for it. Feel free to search really.

Edit - I've found an interesting plugin, it wasn't what I was looking for, and it could create more work for Clown... but it would definitely help with players xraying by using texture packs that reveal ores. What I was initially looking for was a plugin that detects, and displays every player's texture pack, in window, or in chat via commands. This way OPs or other players could detect who is using what texture pack, and whether someone is using one which allows them to see through the map. What I found on the other hand was this >>Texture Pack Menu<<.
What this plugin does, as it says in the link, is it allows you to override any player's texture pack, and sets it to default. Okay, this is restrictive, but it allows you to also install other texture packs, and allows the players to choose them off of a menu.
I'm not sure how much more strain this would put on the server, or whether it's compatible, but it's just an idea.

RE: iTzGeorgeXp Ban Report, Continued - mastercreeper - 02-10-2012

k, I found the Orebfuscator plugin, It apparently obscures the oreblocks visible under X-ray

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/orebfuscator/

Can't really tell if its updated or how much stain puts in a server. just meh

RE: iTzGeorgeXp Ban Report, Continued - lordofpain - 02-11-2012

looks good creeper but would we do all this for just one player? We havent had many problems before with X-ray, anyone who is using the client would usually be caught in the next 2-6 hours.... Why do this all so that george cant use the client again? if he does we will catch him and he will be banned, done and done.

RE: iTzGeorgeXp Ban Report, Continued - 9bjames - 02-11-2012

True, but really not all x-ray users are caught. It can be easy to detect some people using x-ray, but it can also sometimes be hard to detect others using it. It's also easy to wrongly accuse someone of using x-ray... so really it seems like there needs to be a better way of catching the actual sinners out...

Like I said, although not all x-ray users use the texture pack version, I still think being able to see which texture packs people are loading up would help... (not sure if really possible, but you know, lol) as for the Orebfuscator plugin, I saw that too but also heard that it can be buggy and laggy... Even though it says it doesn't modify the blocks in the world file, making it safe, it technically has to manipilate a certain piece of information on all rendering blocks, so it's bound to take up quite a bit in the way of virtual resources... (speculation based on computing knowledge... don't really know how the plugin works however so could be wrong XP)

RE: iTzGeorgeXp Ban Report, Continued - mastercreeper - 02-11-2012

as for the use of Xray, we can only trust people, except if they are too obvious. but really there is no way to know if someone uses it with moderation or whatnot, but as I said, we can only trust. now there seems to be a more convenient way to 'trust' people why not looking into it?

RE: iTzGeorgeXp Ban Report, Continued - TheCreeperKid - 02-11-2012

My Mum just said something to me (she's aware of the situation and know's George as well as me, well obviously, he's her nephew) She said that he's silly enough to do it again and silly enough to just lie again, she thinks it would be a mistake just letting him back on, so my final idea is permanent ban. We shouldn't have to search for a plugin for a single player and spend our time trying to resolve this, there is plenty more decent servers out there, although he does have builds and this is by far the best I've ever been on in my experience, I think were better off without him so as i said before permanent ban.

RE: iTzGeorgeXp Ban Report, Continued - Justin Case Kazoo - 02-11-2012

Yes, I agree with Creeper. We shouldn't be fretting over George... Although a plugin to help with xray would be beneficial. Really, if you have been playing on the server long enough to have t6 or t7, you know the consequences of hacking, cheating, etc. Especially if you have already been banned for it once. For these reasons, I see no point in unbanning George.

RE: iTzGeorgeXp Ban Report, Continued - fireb4llz - 02-12-2012

I don't agree with unbanning him. He's lied too much. I don't think he is mature enough to play on the server and i don't trust him.

Also, can we finally conclude this report?! We've been at this for a while.