CFEW Forums
Hurricane Sandy kicked my butt - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: News and Announcements (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Updates (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Hurricane Sandy kicked my butt (/showthread.php?tid=1151)

Pages: 1 2

Hurricane Sandy kicked my butt - EducatedPizza - 11-01-2012

Hello All,

I live on the jersey shore. We are not used to having hurricanes up this far and Sandy hit us head on as many of you know. NJ was one of the hardest hit on the entire east coast and my town is a complete mess. towns around me have turned into islands and there are some towns further south that have simply dissapeared. We are still dealing with widespread power outages, trees down, flooding, and fires. I will be posting some of my personal pictures from around my town as well as some that i have gathered from the internet when we get power back.

We are still 7 to 10 days away from having power back. I just wanted to let everyone know why i have been gone for the past few days.

Talk to you all soon!

Pizza

RE: Hurricane Sandy kicked my butt - Thomas - 11-01-2012

Wow pizza GL with NJ I heard that on the news too that new York city and nj is really messe up...

RE: Hurricane Sandy kicked my butt - abrahamsphincter - 11-01-2012

RE: Hurricane Sandy kicked my butt - Justin Case Kazoo - 11-01-2012

RE: Hurricane Sandy kicked my butt - blueapplepiedude - 11-01-2012

I've seen tornado wreckages, its just a mess.
I can't imagine what it is like to be flooded with no power plus houses destroyed.....

and no minecraft for more than a week.

RE: Hurricane Sandy kicked my butt - Eaglefighter - 11-01-2012

GL! I cant imagine being in a hurricane.

RE: Hurricane Sandy kicked my butt - whitelily36 - 11-02-2012

RE: Hurricane Sandy kicked my butt - EducatedPizza - 11-02-2012

We actually had Obama fly over our house yesterday with the governor of nj to survey the wreckage. It was definitely a weird sight to see.

I live about a mile from the beach and my family owns a beach house about a block from the beach. We took as many precautions as we could with both houses. Our main house made it out fine. We had a few large limbs come down outside our house and most of our fence blow over, but that's about it. Our rental property condition is still unknown. They will not let us get down to the beach to see it because the condition is still unsafe. The storm hit us around 7pm. The dunes for our beach that were supposed to keep the water out washed away around 3pm. This was before the hurricane even hit. There are reports that there was about 10 feet of water where our rental property was. The prospects are not good. I managed to make it down to the bridge that goes to the beach area on bike, but they have it blocked off and you can see large boats sitting in the street over the bridge. It's really hard to imagine the destruction that one storm can cause until you see it with your own eyes.

Luckily we are starting to see some signs of life. Some local restaurants in my town were giving out food and coffee today and a local pizza place was giving out free pizzas even. Everyone is helping out and doing as much as they can.

I'll keep everyone posted and upload a bunch of pictures when I can, but for now ill have to settle with typing from my phone in my pitch black house

RE: Hurricane Sandy kicked my butt - wakeboy100 - 11-02-2012

Good luck with everything Pizza, hope everything gets straightened out fast. Also that your families property is in good, or easily fixable condition.

RE: Hurricane Sandy kicked my butt - Brennan983 - 11-03-2012

I feel bad for you, even though I have no idea what it feels like. The worst I had was flickering of power for a minute. GL dude.