CFEW Forums
Ops and the making of zones (directed to clown and admins) - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Ops and the making of zones (directed to clown and admins) (/showthread.php?tid=1192)

Ops and the making of zones (directed to clown and admins) - invinsable12 - 11-23-2012

Hello, I need to point out a problem I've been having on both the tekkit and the main servers, I have noticed that (mainly on tekkit) their are never any ops online, my idea is that the tekk_ite rank on the tekkit server should have access to //wand and /region define, but not /region delete or /region addowner, basically so people can create their own zones. Another option could be, adding a new rank on the tekkit server spacifically for people that own company's, these people could have these perms so that the owner/coowner of the company's can create zones for the occupants of that company (NOTE: I am now building my own company "INVIN INC.") xD

Hmm, not sure if I should have put it in the tekkit server "thing" o.O :/

xD

RE: Ops and the making of zones (directed to clown and admins) - Indrae - 11-23-2012

If there is a shortage of OPs on the main server, that is probably because of the slowdown caused by the update. I suspect things will pick back up soon.

There are many, many problems with allowing people to make their own zones.

RE: Ops and the making of zones (directed to clown and admins) - blueapplepiedude - 11-23-2012

This would probably be one of the least thought about ideas ever.
People could zone over your stuff, or zones.

RE: Ops and the making of zones (directed to clown and admins) - invinsable12 - 11-23-2012

(11-23-2012, 11:04 AM)blueapplepiedude Wrote: This would probably be one of the least thought about ideas ever.
People could zone over your stuff, or zones.

Number 1, if it was already protected that wouldn't happen, and number 2 you can disable 1 zone over another in the config files, I used to use a simerler system when I ran my own server and never had a problem (until the server got hacked and world save corrupted, along with everything els)

What about tekkit if only company owners have access???

RE: Ops and the making of zones (directed to clown and admins) - charlie2134 - 11-23-2012

He's right about there being no ops on tekkit though, someone he comes on regularly needs to be promoted

RE: Ops and the making of zones (directed to clown and admins) - blueapplepiedude - 11-24-2012

there probably should be some dedicated ops on tekkit.

RE: Ops and the making of zones (directed to clown and admins) - Indrae - 11-24-2012

Easier said than done. We can't force OPs to play on tekkit. OPs that are on tekkit have to be OPs on the main server as well.

RE: Ops and the making of zones (directed to clown and admins) - MetalicPenguin4 - 11-24-2012

We can't make any OP play on Tekkit. And there isn't a great chance for non-OP players to become OP just because of Tekkit. Like Ind said above, OP's on Tekkit would have to become OPs on the main server. I agree with Ind on this completely.

RE: Ops and the making of zones (directed to clown and admins) - abrahamsphincter - 11-25-2012

we may not be able to make ops play tekkit but some do, i think we should just give main server ops tekkit training and we would probably gladly check in regularly, or play more regularly (thats what i would do) and we could simply ask that we ops check in every now and then? im sure no op would be against just logging in and checking it out for a little.

on a side note i believe there is another discussion on this, but no one took action on the final decisions/conclusions