CFEW Forums
trusted prefix reproposal with a side option - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: trusted prefix reproposal with a side option (/showthread.php?tid=12)

Pages: 1 2

trusted prefix reproposal with a side option - fireb4llz - 01-06-2012

RE: trusted prefix reproposal with a side option - BlackChaos - 01-06-2012

RE: trusted prefix reproposal with a side option - Eaglefighter - 01-06-2012

i think its a good idea, but I think players shouldnt ask for the medals but should be given medals by clownfish/ OPs

RE: trusted prefix reproposal with a side option - 9bjames - 01-06-2012

I like the medal award system on the forums, I had an idea like that a while ago. I'm all for it, especially if it can be added as a new feature, rather than just a thread. =)

On the other hand... as Eagle said, we have a problem with players trying to do rank games... you know, playing the game just for awards/ achievements... might get hard to keep up with and hand out... so maybe the medals could be given just for select things, where a player has done a true service to the server, has played on the server for a length of time, or has really done something astounding build-wise. =P

Edit - This has been discussed so many times with the ranks... I think it would be fair to replace ranks with medals, and change it back to just builder/ OP etc.
However, although we could transfer the ranks into medals, I don't think we should do that with all ranks... I mean we don't want to have the same kind of thing as before, having players pester to be awarded medals instead of ranking up... so... maybe if the current players have a certain rank... such as t8, or honoured, they are awarded a one time only medal for that rank to show recognition of that achievement. This could be made unavailable for any new players after the point the ranks are changed, since the idea behind it is so that current players don't feel as if they have lost their status from the ranks being changed, and for new players there would still be other "hard to get" medals to aspire for, and brag about.

I guess the only problem with this idea is the fact that not all players have a forum account... so we'd have to raise awareness, and try to get players to make one... unless we could also implement the same medals system into the server.

RE: trusted prefix reproposal with a side option - BlackChaos - 01-06-2012

In my opinion, its perfect if we can implement the medal/awards system on the forum instead of the server since it would be easier to keep track of people here. We can have a special nominations thread for awards and members can nominate themselves or others if they meet the specified requirements.

RE: trusted prefix reproposal with a side option - fireb4llz - 01-06-2012

@james I am sortof trying to limit the medals based off ranks since inds whole idea was to scrap the review process. maybe we could have a medal based of h4 or extreme helpfulness in the community as welll as the master builder and redstoneer medal I posted but Im not too sure if we should add too much more "rank based" medals.

@chaos I think we should end up replacing the promo thread with the medal thread. It probably won't be used a ton but it could be useful. Although I don't think we should put the medal system on the forums instead of the server. I do think we need a pinned topic of a "medal key" since not to many people will know why a guy might have an orange star next to his name

RE: trusted prefix reproposal with a side option - 9bjames - 01-06-2012

Agreed fire, which is why i said it should be one time only. In other words, after the cross-over is complete, there would be no way a player could get the rank badges again.
I meant it as a solution for people disliking the fact that they may lose any "status" they feel they achieved from their rank, and was only meant for special ranks like honoured.

RE: trusted prefix reproposal with a side option - thomvanberlo - 01-06-2012

are the ranks gonna be on the server or on the forum?

RE: trusted prefix reproposal with a side option - fireb4llz - 01-06-2012

The medals should be on the server. Not sure where chaos is going with this. I guess though maybe we could have our medals displayed by our name on the forums as well as the server

RE: trusted prefix reproposal with a side option - thomvanberlo - 01-06-2012