CFEW Forums
CFEW Ninja Warrior - Tournament 1! US/EUROPE TOURNAMENT COMPLETE! - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: CFEW Ninja Warrior - Tournament 1! US/EUROPE TOURNAMENT COMPLETE! (/showthread.php?tid=1289)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

CFEW Ninja Warrior - Tournament 1! US/EUROPE TOURNAMENT COMPLETE! - FUGGNUTZ - 01-18-2013

Hey guys, I'm here to officially announce an event coming soon to the server: CFEW Ninja Warrior.

Ninja Warrior is an English dub of a show called Sasuke, a Japanese game show where 100 competitors go up against an obstacle course with the goal of beating all 4 legs of the course. If you fail any obstacle (usually falling into the water or going off the course), you are out of the competition. The first stage is the easiest, but is still harder than most people can accomplish. It uses obstacles such as the Quintuple Step (4 slanted columns above water), the Warped Wall (a wall that curves all the way up to the top) and a rope/wall climb to the buzzer. Of course, the course is timed, and if you run out of time, you fail. However, if you pass the first stage, you move on to the second stage. The second stage usually consists of harder obstacles than the first, and a shorter time limit. Staple obstacles include the Wall Lifts (3 walls of increasing lift that you must lift), and the Spider Climb (two walls that you must put your arms and legs onto to crawl across a gap of water). The third stage is one of the hardest. There is no time limit, but the obstacles are a lot more trying than before. The only real obstacle that has appeared in almost every competition is the Cliff Hanger (a small grip that you must crawl across with your hands). Once you beat this stage, you move on to the Final Stage. This stage is the shortest stage, but the hardest of all. It's a climb to the top of a steel tower that is usually half Spider Climb up and half Rope Climb up, though in some variations it is just a Rope Climb. The time limit is usually 30 seconds or 40 seconds. The course is very hard, and since around 1998, being conducted once or twice a year, only 3 people have beaten the Final Stage (one of them has won twice, however).

Here's the good part: me and a select few users are making a course just like this for you guys to participate! At the time of posting, we have finished the first two stages and are working on the third stage. After we finish that, we will build the final stage and start decorating. Once it's done, it will be added to the server for the competition. Here's how it will work from there:

- Contestants who enter will be given up to 3 practice runs on the course they are on. The same will be done for the second and third stages, but not the final stage.
- Once entered, you are expected to be present at the time of the competition. We will most likely have two separate competitions: one for American users, and one for other time zones.
- To enter the competition, post "I am a Ninja Warrior!" as a reply to this thread. If you don't, your registration will not be considered valid.
- If you get off the server during the competition, you will be allowed to make up the rest of the course, starting at the beginning of the stage you are on. This does not apply if the server crashes.

Here's the basic rules of the competition:
- Every competitor will start on the first stage.
- You will go one at a time.
- You will start when the referee (whoever is timing you) says go. If you start before then, you will be disqualified.
- If you touch the water, you will be disqualified.
- If you go off course, you will be disqualified.
- If you run out of time on any course, you will be disqualified.
- If you hit the buzzer at the end of the course without being disqualified, you will move on to the next stage. Do not move to the next stage until told to by a referee. There is no buzzer on the third stage, and once you hit the red wool, you pass the stage.
- Once you are eliminated, you can continue to watch from the sidelines.
- The time limit for the first stage is 110 seconds.
- The time limit for the second stage is 80 seconds.
- There is no time limit for the third stage.
- The time limit for the final stage is 30 seconds.
- If an obstacle malfunctions, you may be granted a mulligan by the ref and allowed to either pass the stage or the obstacle. Whether or not you actually get a mulligan is up to the ref, not you.
- You may choose not to enter and just spectate.
- Lastly, ignorance of the rules is not an excuse. You are expected to read all of the rules starting with the first list of items, especially if you want to enter.

Thank you for reading the post! You may register below. I will update this thread later with a time and day for this event whenever it is set.

RE: CFEW Ninja Warrior - Tournament 1! - Pelle44 - 01-18-2013

I am a Ninja Warrior!

RE: CFEW Ninja Warrior - Tournament 1! - whitelily36 - 01-19-2013

RE: CFEW Ninja Warrior - Tournament 1! - jmc - 01-19-2013

I am a Ninja Warrior!

RE: CFEW Ninja Warrior - Tournament 1! - Justin Case Kazoo - 01-19-2013

I be a neenja warrior, bruh!

RE: CFEW Ninja Warrior - Tournament 1! - doggylord - 01-19-2013

I am a ninja dog warrior!

RE: CFEW Ninja Warrior - Tournament 1! - EducatedPizza - 01-19-2013

i am a ninja warrior!

super excited for this, i used to watch ninja warrior religiously