CFEW Forums
PvP Refinement - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: PvP Refinement (/showthread.php?tid=1322)

Pages: 1 2

PvP Refinement - fireb4llz - 01-26-2013

RE: PvP Refinement - Ethanthomas619 - 01-26-2013

RE: PvP Refinement - fireb4llz - 01-26-2013

Mine too actually, although I felt like the sword was a little OPd. I tried to somewhat preserve the class with the Duelist class I added. I imagine with the items it has it will play somewhat similarly. Well, at least I hope it will.

RE: PvP Refinement - FyreCT - 01-26-2013

Class suggestions:
Alchemist : wood sword, 3 potions of splash heal and 4 poison splash?
Dragon class: leather armor, stone sword with fire asp 2? Just a random idea.....
Also spawn camping idea: line where they spawn (and the block they spawn in) with reeds. Impossible to hit them. Can show you this if you want.
Hope this helped

good suggestions although I'm trying to keep this as balanced as possible. I was thinking about the possibility of a potion based class myself but it might take many adjustments as well as some experimentation to figure out exactly what items we should give to the class. I'll research a little bit and get back to you

EDIT: ok, I think I might have been able to come up with a potion based class, I'll add it to the main post. Also, is there any way to stack potions? I remember we were able to stack signs with kits before it was possible.

Cool might do some aswell and see what I come up with! Was the spawn killing suggestion good? Cause I found it worked very well for me in a faction server.

Hmm about medic class:
Armor: Leather stuffs (green)
Weapons: Stone swords
Potions: 4 splash healing 1? (So he/she can heal team)
But good choice on alchemist, think its reasonable
Gonna see if you can stack potions

They don't break if the area is protected, also how do the sign things that give you the stuff work? Might be able to figure a way to get the potions to stack then. I know if you just spawn in 64 potions they will stack automatically...

Also found a cheaty thingy:
If you go up to the sand mound thing then you can go along to the edge and climb up onto the ledge along the wall then if you run to the edge by the blue spawn you can stand there and not move, if the other player stands below they can't hit you but you can hit them....very annoying if they just decide to stay there. Only way to get them of is to go along the ledge yourself but if they have a bow and arrows they can just shoot ya, so you can't get close. Might want to try fixing that.
Also another thing players in the spectator area can break the glass block under them and fall into the arena. Gets very confusing on who your supposed to hit.
Just some things you might want to fix

Well, unfortunately I can't fix those due to the separated inventories and the fact that kits don't seem to work. Gonna have to have an admin work on that. Also that medic idea does sound interesting.