CFEW Forums
Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: News and Announcements (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Events (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread (/showthread.php?tid=1867)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - whitelily36 - 02-04-2013

RE: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - Zellnagi - 02-04-2013

you got it lily.
1. Sheep shearing race where you must get as much wool as you can before time runs out2-4
2. sheep barn where you lure sheep into your area, but the sheep can get free due to a piston on a timer and get back onto the farm grounds for retaking or stealing, 2 players.
3. blind sheep maze, where you are to find and release all the sheep in the maze before reaching the end, most sheep saved wins, 1 player at a time.
4. pig race sheep roundup, the goal, round up all the sheep you can while on the back of a pig, may be the hardest one as you have to use wheat and carrots on sticks and players can disrupt others by hitting the other players pigs, 2-4 players.
How about those idea's?

RE: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - whitelily36 - 02-05-2013

RE: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - Indrae - 02-05-2013

RE: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - shppthwhtfx - 02-05-2013

(02-04-2013, 04:40 PM)Zellnagi Wrote: you got it lily.
1. Sheep shearing race where you must get as much wool as you can before time runs out2-4
How about those idea's?

Massive amounts of any animal, sheep especially since the sheared wool also adds to the amount of objects rendered, will lag many less fortunate of the graphics cards if not the whole server itself. The sheep arena has had these problems before and we had to make precautions against it. If you are planning a mosh pit of sheep for the participants to rapidly click through to win, this will be an issue.
To avoid this, I suggest making a non-narrow-passaged grass-floored maze (city, pasture or normal maze) with sheep scattered through it (not enough to lag severely, but enough to warrent rushing around finding new sheep rather than waiting for the same one to replenish wool) and let participants run wild through it. A narrow passaged maze might work, but would make it less about the sheep and more about the maze. Really any map that brings more focus into the hunting and finding of sheep rather than spam clicking shears on sheep is the suggestion. Double checking over your post seems to tell me you thought of this as a suggestion already, though you think of it as single player where my version would be focused on the wool rather than luring sheep to the end.

@lily a similar idea would be to give each participant a certain color dye and see who can color the most sheep of the same stock (dye being able to color over already dyed sheep). Similar competitiveness without the need of a too massively large sheep pile. Kinda like the paint mini-game from mario party 9. The obvious negative to this suggestion is that there are only fifteen dyes so only fifteen people could play it ...luckily and sadly I doubt more than that will be logged on at the same time. Is the events world creative? That would make supplying the dyes easier.

RE: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - Justin Case Kazoo - 02-05-2013

How about a relay race type game where you must run from a pen to a dispenser and get a sheep, and then run back to the pen and close off the sheep, repeating until time runs out?
I think all of these suggest--OH MY GOD IT'S SHPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - Zellnagi - 02-05-2013

(02-05-2013, 11:01 AM)shppthwhtfx Wrote:
(02-04-2013, 04:40 PM)Zellnagi Wrote: you got it lily.
How about those idea's?

Massive amounts of any animal, sheep especially since the sheared wool also adds to the amount of objects rendered, will lag many less fortunate of the graphics cards if not the whole server itself. The sheep arena has had these problems before and we had to make precautions against it. If you are planning a mosh pit of sheep for the participants to rapidly click through to win, this will be an issue.

True, too many sheep with lag the server, but i didn't say to have a mass of sheep like that, dying the sheep and adding a color=point system will fix that, make a few pens around the area and fill those pens with sheep and then dye them any color, each color will add or take points for each wool of that color, so we dont need that much sheep, plus the amount of wool you get from shearing is 2-3 so luck is a big deal as well as getting to each sheep pen quickly.

RE: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - whitelily36 - 02-06-2013

RE: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - Zellnagi - 02-08-2013

for pirate day, i forgot boat battles, break the other players boat without getting your boat broken, and for sheep day an event with no name yet where you have to get your sheep through a maze filled with wolves, and you have to protect your sheep all the way to the finish.

but i have some ideas both inspired, the first one is stranded, we have players on an island with no other land nearby and each player spawns with all wooden tools and a written book, the written book is to act as journal in an RP style, but each one will hold a clue, the goal is to get all the clues and make your way to the exit, but players who lost their journals can still play, but must reclaim their journals first before attacking others, mobs may or may not be on depending on how hard we want the event to be.

the next event is called head hunter, the goal is to release harmful mobs in a large area with pit falls and traps that would require payment to open doors to get out of them, the use of mob spawners will be required and the only mobs that will be in the event are skeletons, zombies, and spiders, all other mobs will be banned, all weapons , tools, and armor made of gold, iron, and diamond can only be found in chests and will be rare finds, TNT is banned, common chests will have wood and stone tools and weapons and some leather armor and will always have bows and whole stacks arrows, enchantment books and anvils will be added and enchantment books will be found more rare with a few potions of enchanting.

Both event's are fun and can be played solo, with teams, or in a free for all style, and if needed the same area's can be used for both, if it is not easy to do on the main server then a small events server may be the best idea, if it is ok that is, just thought we need some events beyond just arena's with a little classic survival style, hey, we can call events of this type survival event's.

RE: Events Planning - Brainstorming Thread - Zellnagi - 02-10-2013

My idea's are starting to run dry, anyone got any themes they want events for, even for our classic tekkit server, before i start shouting odd idea's! :}