CFEW Forums
PVP Area in AW - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: PVP Area in AW (/showthread.php?tid=1909)

PVP Area in AW - whitelily36 - 11-19-2013

RE: PVP Area in AW - Sim7864 - 11-19-2013

For this i'll have to say no, but could we possibly have another world to put pvp in. Like a PvP world? That'll be cool
---- Sim

It won't let me vote so i'll just say here - I personally vote no.
--- Sim

RE: PVP Area in AW - whitelily36 - 11-19-2013

Maybe a small PVP world is a possibility, again if there is enough interest. Perhaps we can make it so that players keep their inventory on death.

RE: PVP Area in AW - Thomas - 11-19-2013

Okay. i think there should be two things..
1. No People like poppysunny.
2. Keep Inventory on death.

RE: PVP Area in AW - xGalaxy14 - 11-19-2013

Regarding this PvP World, I personally think its a good idea.
We should make a set area within AW which players can warp to and out on their own will and allow it to be an FFA situation, where you enter at your own risk. Should you get killed, your items will be kept to yourself via the KeepInventory and spawn in a sort of respawn/safezone in the PvP arena area (Player Damage Will Be Turned Off Here). This will help stop any arguments caused by thieving of items. Also, please remember that this is supposed to be an area designed for the fun use by players, so our rules still apply, no trolling or excessive spamming or swearing in the chat. (PS: Please try not to make any comments regarding a single member of CFEW even if youre trying to make a reference, and if so, try keeping that person anonymous.)

Hopefully this new PvP arena works out, If it doesnt we will have no choice but to shut it down again like last time.

Thanks,
~ Galaxy

RE: PVP Area in AW - Indrae - 11-19-2013

I'm going to go ahead and just say that we will not be adding PvP into AW. There is no feasible way to add it in without opening the door for a lot of drama.

That being said, the possibility remains open for a small-ish PvP world. Right off the bat, there are some non-negotiable things this world would have to have:
  • Inventory loss on death would have to be turned off. With our old PvP world, we had a lot of drama because of players losing items and for "giveback" agreements being broken.
  • There would need to be a buffer around the spawn where PvP is disabled. This would be to prevent people being killed immediately after they spawn.
  • Honored and below would not be able to TP or warp out of the world. OPit+ would be able to do so, but only for official reasons and for helping players in other worlds. This is to prevent people from leaving a fight, which was an issue that we had in the old world.

I have thought over a possible setup for a PvP world, and have decided to propose the following:
  • The world would be about 3000 x 3000.
  • The world would have its own inventory. This would prevent players from easily gaining weapons and equipment from outside of the world. This could increase the level of difficulty and lower the advantage that older players have over new guests.
  • The world would be refreshed every time Mojang releases a major update (1.5, 1.6, 1.7, and so on). This would allow us to bring new terrain features onto the server.

There are still things to be determined, but let me know what you think.

RE: PVP Area in AW - Ethanthomas619 - 11-23-2013

I think it would work. Just have to makes sure players know and obey the rules as much as possible. PvP can open a door to a lot of things and not everything can be avoided.