CFEW Forums
My Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: My Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=241)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: My Ban Appeal - 9bjames - 03-08-2012

Maybe, I'd let Clown have the final say on this. It's a long running problem really, a decision shouldn't be made lightly.

RE: My Ban Appeal - boxmana - 03-08-2012

I agree with james. Though personally 3 chances is a bit much:/ especially when each time it was for the same reason he was banned.

RE: My Ban Appeal - Justin Case Kazoo - 03-09-2012

I feel like this happens every time... It's always "Oh, just one more chance" or "Pretty please? *Bambi eyes*", and we never get anywhere with that.

RE: My Ban Appeal - fireb4llz - 03-09-2012

Yes I think he's had enough chances. If he really liked this server he wouldn't have broken the same rules 3 times. We need to learn to not give so much chances. Not only is it stupid but eventually people start using these people's bans(such as poppy's) as excuses to be let back in. George has broken the same rule 3 times. I think we have him enough chances to grow up.

Now by my last statement, I DONT mean second chances are unfair. I think people are allowed second chances but we can't just let people slip by a ban 5 times (more or less)

RE: My Ban Appeal - TheCreeperKid - 03-09-2012

Well I tried for the guy, the people have spoken, it's not looking positive for George.
I don't know what to say, I've been speaking to him on Xbox a lot recently and honestly, he's been regretting it, he finds it hard to stick to a server it seems and this was one he really enjoyed. I say yes put the decision to Clown, his server, his rules.

RE: My Ban Appeal - 9bjames - 03-09-2012

Can I just raise something.
Regardless of his wrong-doings, he is still a long time player.
He is also still a player with several builds on this server, which are probably important to him in some way.
Whether you feel he has or hasn't been punished enough, and regardless of if you personally think he should stay unbanned, if a person has changed for the better, should they not be let back?
This whole "a person can have only so many chances" policy players tend to be taking is slightly flawed.
Okay, if they've recommited several times, it is more likely that they'll do the same again, but it doesn't mean they can't, and won't change given the time.
If you still feel he should stay banned, then he can stay banned. But don't make it sound like he'll never grow out of bad habbits, he's still just a kid.
This kind of thing can change someone for the better, they just need to be shown clearly their place.

Finally, please do not think I am taking George's side on this.
What he did was still bad, and I haven't forgotten or forgiven that, I am merely saying that there may very well be a time he might have improved.
I feel that maybe he should stay banned for longer, due to the feeling still felt towards him, but do learn to forgive and forget when it is due.
Someone shouldn't be blamed for some of his wrong doings all of their life, if they have learnt to reform.

RE: My Ban Appeal - thomvanberlo - 03-09-2012

RE: My Ban Appeal - 9bjames - 03-09-2012

I like that idea... if he does well before the 2 months is up, he can stay, if not, ban again, lol.
But firstly, for that to work, I think everyone needs to be sensetive about the whole issue. So no accusations without merit, and no trying to irritate the whole matter...
Finally, as I said before, I also think even if this does go through, we should keep him banned for longer.
Not so much because I feel he should be banned for longer, but more as a cool of period for all of us. If he does come back, other other players need to learn to accept this fact, and not rage over the thought of it. This time should also be used to try and get over any grudges or personal feelings, which I know there are with some players. It will also give George himself more time to reflect on this, and hopefully show him more the severity of it.
It's nothing to be rushed over afterall.

RE: My Ban Appeal - iTzGeorgeXp - 03-09-2012

RE: My Ban Appeal - 9bjames - 03-10-2012

Again George, do not be too eager to think that this means you will be unbanned.
This still needs more discussion...