CFEW Forums
My Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: My Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=241)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: My Ban Appeal - Justin Case Kazoo - 03-11-2012

James, why do you insist on giving him yet another chance? He doesn't deserve it! So maybe he changed? We don't know that for sure. And plus, I think it's too late. This is the third time he has been banned. Each time before this he said he would change. And guess what? He didn't. He could have changed each time after he was unbanned, and yet he chose not to. He lost his chance.
So he is a long time player? X-ray and hacking is a serious offense. Especially for doing it multiple times. He knows the consequences of doing these things, so if he didn't want to lose his builds, he should not have been breaking the rules.

RE: My Ban Appeal - 9bjames - 03-11-2012

Justin, go back and read what I said again with a calmer mind.
This is an everyone welcome server, there is a certain amount of forgiving and forgetting that should be done in some cases.
Would you personally ban a kid for life from our server, even after becomming an adult, and changing his whole outlook on cheating?
I think even you could agree that would be ridiculous, but even if that is an extreme, it doesn't mean that change isn't possible. Even if he hasn't actually changed much for the better, he can still be banned again if the same problems happen.
Not to forget, we have Creeper's assurance on this. It is up to you to trust or distrust that, afterall it IS always possible George could just revert back to how he was, but we won't know unless we try. I do not see why there is any need for hysterics, no damage is completely irreversible.

Moreover though, what makes you think I "insist" on giving him another chance? My intentions were never to definitely let him be unbanned.
All I am saying is doors should not be closed forever, since what he did wasn't anything to try and damage the server.
It was selfish, wrong, and dishonourable, but at the same time people make mistakes a lot. It doesn't mean they should always be blamed, reprimanded and punished for them. I am not saying to unban him indefinitely, and I am not saying to completely forgive. What I am saying is, if people wish to move on and put this behind us all (whilst letting George have one more try, if he gets it), then forgiving and forgetting is something that will need to be done, for it all to work.

Some of this may be worded a bit wrongly or hurriedly, but I am in a rush right now.
University is tough, having to do about 3 months worth of work in 3 days, since the deadline just decided to creep up on the whole class...

RE: My Ban Appeal - iTzGeorgeXp - 03-11-2012

RE: My Ban Appeal - 9bjames - 03-11-2012

._.

RE: My Ban Appeal - Justin Case Kazoo - 03-12-2012

It just seems like every time something like this happens, we always have to give just one more chance, and then they get banned again. But oh, it's been a couple of months since the last ban that we should give him another chance, since he has actually changed this time. But are we just supposed to forget everything? If we do this, what's the point of the ban system? Oh, sure, they'll be banned for a month or so, and maybe'll learn their lesson, but in the long run, they'll just be unbanned.

I think we should let the community decide on this one, and have majority rule.

RE: My Ban Appeal - TheCreeperKid - 03-12-2012

I'm liking the two month trial thing...

RE: My Ban Appeal - 9bjames - 03-12-2012

Justin, the whole ban system already works fine as it is, even when some players are unbanned. Really, there have been few cases where players have recommited after managing to appeal successfully, and in the long run even the players who have recommited, and then been unbanned again have started to get the hint it seems (cole might be an exception there...). If they do recommit, they are banned again, there's nothing else to it. It's a bother dealing with it, but if it otherwise how would it be a fair system.
You can go along the lines of "if they get unbanned, what's the point of banning" all you want, but if that's the stance you're going to take, then what's the point of an appeal section if nobody would be unbanned?

Admittedly, George has pushed it, and even I do not fully agree with unbanning, that much should've been clear. As I said, even if he is unbanned, I don't think now is the right time (in case people didn't get that from what I said before...). Maybe wait a bit longer while other players come to a decision, and even longer to hear if George's new found maturity sticks... and then finally decide.
Maturity isn't something that you can acquire in a week, but if he has actually matured, then wouldn't it be fair to at least see if he has? The whole wait is so people can get over grudges, and hopefully see things with a clearer perspective, but also for George's own sake as well. If he is mature, then he will be able to be patient... maybe even get over the idea of coming back to minecraft at all.
As I have said before, this shouldn't be rushed, and right now it is probably good that this whole discussion is going on... even if all it is doing is stalling.

RE: My Ban Appeal - Justin Case Kazoo - 03-12-2012

I believe in second chances; everyone makes mistakes. And that's what the appeal section is (mainly) for. But don't you think that four chances is a bit [/quote]much?

And in reply to Creeper's earlier post, (where we give him one more chance, and if he blows it instant ban, no appeal, no nothing) if it came to where we had to unban him sure, I'd agree with this. But I know this isn't what would happen. There would be an exception or something, and voila, back on the server, just like that...

RE: My Ban Appeal - 9bjames - 03-12-2012

I have no more input on this, I've said my part, it just sounds like you're wholely against George ever coming back.
That's fine assuming that George doesn't change, but I still think if a player abides by the rules, regardless of past, then it's worthy of an unban. That is purely hypothetical, assuming that they have changed, and they do abide by the rules; it's obvious you're sticking with the assumption that he hasn't, and won't.
Admittedly, after how many times he's been caught with some form of hack client, after the swearing, disrespect and lying to get out of trouble, it's not exactly likely that his behaviour would change easily, not to forget because of what he's done he has lost most players' trust. That's the whole reason my answer is and has been no to letting him back right now.
I'm just saying in the future, that might change.
People do end up changing a lot as they grow up, it wouldn't be fair to hold that against them forever.

RE: My Ban Appeal - zeldageek - 03-12-2012

At this point, I don't really see any point in not unbanning him... I mean, what's the worst he could do? Hack again? Then just perma ban him. Boom. That's it. He's done. We might as well at least give him a chance. If he's matured, good, if not, then whatever. Ban him again. I know it may seem like we're being too lenient on unbanning here, but there's not really any harm in letting him back in I suppose. I agree that there's some point where we have to draw the line, but if someone really has matured, you should at least give them a chance to show it.