CFEW Forums
Suggestions - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=2497)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Suggestions - Mayhem - 04-04-2014

Hello members of CFEW forum! It's been a while since I've been on. I recently rejoined the server, and thought to do so here as well. Looking around, I thought of a few suggestions and ideas that may or may not be useful. I've mainly made suggestions for the forum because increasing the usage of and the integration of the forum could be beneficial to the community.
Note: This post contains even suggestions on minor and/or seemingly trivial things. Some of the suggestions may simply be there to raise awareness on it.

DISCLAIMER: My intention in this post is to suggest and not to belittle or insult the forum, server or its members. My hope has been, is and will be to improve it.

4/4/2014:
1. The Site updates should be updated more regularly. The time difference of the first and second updates is nearly 2 years. Providing updates formally I feel is quite professional and can be useful to new members considering joining. Furthermore, considering its contents, I feel it should be renamed "Server Updates" and moved to the Server Discussion sub-forum.

2. There are various threads located over the forum related to the server ranks. For the ease of new and current members, a single thread in the Server Discussion sub-forum should be made giving all necessary details about the Rankings [in all worlds], all except OPs. To become an OP and related information should be made in a separate thread out of importance.

3. The 'Important Threads' category in sub-forums are slightly cluttered with threads that are not necessarily 'important' still, such as but not limited to: 'Introducing New Ranks in Main World, Server Updated to 1.6.4, >>NEW<< CFEW Admin To Do List, Holiday Cheer Around CFEW 2012 and Original 7 Wonders of the World - Organized Group Project!.
If it is felt that such threads are no longer relevant, but should be reserved to be remembered, a possible 'Old Memoirs of CFEW' thread or something similar could be made. Please consider checking ALL sub-forums for such threads that are unessential.

4. map.cfew.us should be considered being brought back if possible for all worlds, or at least Main World and Survival World [Out of its growing popularity].

5. The Changelog should either be removed from 'importance' or integrated with the suggested 'Server Updates' thread out of lack of use.

6. The 'Convienent short cfew.us links for everyone!' thread should be revised and updated. It should be further merged with the 'About The Forum' thread due to lack of need for an entirely separate thread.

7. The About the forum thread should be considered being updated with as much information as can be. Furthermore, it should renamed to 'About the Forum' [Personal Peeve].

8. The changing of the forum rank logos should be considered. Even a seemingly small change can add a new feel/look and make the forum appear more interesting.

9. 'Need to contact the admins?' should be updated.

10. The entire Rules and Helpful Hints sub-forum should be revised and its scrapping should not be out of the question. Few threads exist there, and they can be moved and/or removed. Such as 'Want to appeal your ban?' already existing in the Ban sub-forum using the exact same post. And a more recent version of the 'Want a Creative World Plot?' thread being posted in the Creative World sub-forum. Also, there are no actual rules mentioned in the sub-forum anyway, making it redundant.

11. Awards can make users strive towards something. They can make the user feel proud for what they've accomplished on CFEW and make them want to continue on doing so. The system should be considered being brought back with new awards. 'The Award Nominations and Suggestions Thread' should be reused. A list of the currently existing awards can be added to the About The Forum thread.

12. The Welcome Mat sub-forum should be renamed to something to accommodate for players who have left CFEW for a while, and have comeback, thereby allowing them to make their return officially known. Or the description can be changed accordingly.

13. What happened to 'New RS School World - Need input'?

14. The 'Server Rules explained/discussed' should be looked through once more in case something can be added or removed/updated.

15. Add more Ducks to Forum Announcement: Ducks are awesome! :3

16. Add a stickied thread containing ALL commands available to non-OP members in the Server Discussion sub-forum, organised for what can be used at what rank and in which world. ~ More information is always useful/Seems somewhat more professional.

17. Add more themes to the forum? Current one is simple and friendly, however it's a little too simple. Also, the bright BG color can hurt the eyes in the dark, which some users may be accessing the forum in.

5/4/2014:
18. A detailed and comprehensive list should be made for the forum rules and stickied. This should include rules that are general as well as those that are specific to sub-forums. The thread should also mention what fits into which sub-forum, etc. to avoid threads made in the wrong section [eases the work of mods]. This is particularly useful to members who may be new to forums in general.

19. A Member of the Month competition should be considered, where active members are nominated by other members and later voted on by the entire forum community to see who has been the best member. An award can be awarded accordingly [Also requiring the Award System to be brought back]. I can give more details on what I think should be done regarding this if an Admin is interested ~ Gives certain members more reason to stay active and give higher quality posts.

That's all I have for now. If this thread has been found useful by the Admin/Mods, I'll try and add more if I can think of them, and then some for the server itself.
It's alright if none of these suggestions are found useful, however I hope that it is deemed so only after proper and careful thinking. I also apologize if I'm repeating an already mentioned and scrapped suggestion. Thank you for reading.
~ Mayhem

PS: Sorry if I sound too formal. =P
PPS: Q: If I wanted someone's help for resources, wanted to trade for something particularly or wanted to make known that I'm looking for a partner for a build, where should I post it?

RE: Suggestions - whitelily36 - 04-04-2014

RE: Suggestions - whitelily36 - 04-04-2014

RE: Suggestions - Mayhem - 04-04-2014

Haha, thank you Lily. I'll post another list eventually with more if I find them.

---I like lists.

RE: Suggestions - poelsemix - 04-04-2014

RE: Suggestions - Mayhem - 04-04-2014

Great minds think alike maybe? =D

The theme one is a major one. And I'd say comparatively the hardest one. A matching theme, particularly for a Minecraft Server, would be really good.
And the darkere theme is a must, or else eyes are gonna strain. The darker one can be like the main original one, just darker colors and BG. >.<

By the way, can anyone answer my PPS question?

RE: Suggestions - Indrae - 04-04-2014

I'm deleting all posts that do not make suggestions about improving the forum. If you want to make a suggestion about changing something in-game, do so here: http://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7

RE: Suggestions - Mayhem - 04-05-2014

Updated the OP with two new suggestions. What do you guys think?

RE: Suggestions - whitelily36 - 04-05-2014

RE: Suggestions - Mayhem - 04-05-2014