CFEW Forums
new rank system [reproposal] - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: new rank system [reproposal] (/showthread.php?tid=261)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - 9bjames - 03-18-2012

Mm, my ideas pretty much only applied assuming you had to go through one to get through the other, I hadn't really thought as much on it as I probably should have, lol. Again though, I don't really think many players have been given t6 without a lot of thought... but then again I haven't been online for a little while... To be perfectly honest, I'd like to know who has t6 right now, that probably shouldn't have it. =/
I don't want to sound like I'm trying to get anyone ratted out, or like I'm routing around for gossip, I'd just like to understand the situation a bit better I guess... maybe someone could fill me in a bit in a private message? No? Oh well, lol.

I think this will go really well if it is implemented... and really I hope it is. It's been condensed so much, and right now I think we're at a point where it'd work nicely; there should be no quarrels with RS ranks, since they could, and I think probably do have a seperate rank scheme in the new RS school world (that could also have isolated inventories/ creative mode set to get rid of the need for RS ranks as well as RS kits in the main world), and we also have another range of worlds for other players to explore with their own interesting aspects... so really they shouldn't get too sore over a lost title.

Just one suggestion though, more of a technicality than anything. As for architect being a "prefix", I think it'd just be fair to set the ranks as follows:

-Builder
-Honoured
-Architect (essentially builder with architect prefix in the schemes already explained)
-Honoured Architect (honoured with architect prefix)

Really, it'd work just like already explained anyway... It probably seems like it's lengthening the rank list, but technically there is no thing as "just" a prefix rank... since any rank with a prefix is a seperate rank altogether.
In other words, not trying to suggest a new scheme at all... it'd work exactly like the prefix idea would, same rules etc, just think that if the ranks are being shortened anyway, might as well have it this way to make it sound nicer... pedantic nature taking over right now... :3

P.S. If I'm over explaining it's because I'm sleepy...

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - Flyingfruitloops - 03-19-2012

Sleeping is my favorite thing to do..... Mmmmmmm I might do it now :3

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - Indrae - 03-19-2012

To allay some potential fears, I want to make it clear that this is not a rank reset. If you are a builder now, you would still be a builder, and if you are Honored+, you would still be Honored in the new system.

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - fireb4llz - 03-19-2012

well, i'm not too sure about Honored+ becoming Honored in the system. Some that are honored may not be considered trustworthy yet.

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - 9bjames - 03-19-2012

I'd say t6 should transfer to honoured in the new system... for the same reason Fire mentioned.
If people aren't happy, they can always try to apply for honoured... but really, h4 has started to be treated a lot less seirously...
And in respect to the old ranks before t6 etc was even introduced, I don't like the way it has been treated.

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - Justin Case Kazoo - 03-20-2012

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - fireb4llz - 03-26-2012

*quick bump*

btw clown, if you see this plz respond in some way

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - clownfish - 03-28-2012

OK - first look.. I really like this suggestion. We can condense our ranks to these suggestions. I may need some help. Who here has a windows computer. Is anyone familiar with using 'Notepad ++'?

Or are any OPs (using Mac or Pc) really good with a text editor that can use a 'Find and Replace' feature. We will need to move all users from 'Builder1, 2, 3' to 'Builder' n so forth. With auto search, and replace it's not to bad.

Simply put yes we are long over due to simplify. This will make the OP job much easier.

Thanks for everyones input!

This can happen right away.... I think we should give a 2 week notice. After 2 weeks all accounts will be merged. Right away I can make the new ranks and tell OPs to only uses them for all new players. This will allow others a chance to finish up their rank achievement if they were working hard to get a rank. Lastly this 2 week notice will start promptly once v1.2.4 is in place. (I really hope they release it this week)

Keep the ideas coming..

-Fishy

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - BlackChaos - 03-29-2012

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - blueapplepiedude - 03-30-2012

clown, i have a good text editor. it can find stuff by searching. it is the windows 98 se notepad. they removed the search feature in windows 2000 or Me (millenium edition). i will post a download link in a bit. reply to me if u are interested.

btw fire, i have another idea on ranks. what about when people have been reporting lots of griefs and making cfew a better place, we should have the rank: Guardian or ServerGuardian. Kinda like a moderator, but more limits. i dont care what name you chose, its fine with me. Its sorta in between honored and trusted. i dont know what honored will become. so whatever is in between something and trusted. this would be a good idea. anyone like this? post a reply if you do.