CFEW Forums
new rank system [reproposal] - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: new rank system [reproposal] (/showthread.php?tid=261)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - 9bjames - 04-03-2012

True, also maybe make it clear about the whole custom title superop thing.

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - fireb4llz - 04-03-2012

Yea that. Sounds like a good idea. I really hope our color sign plugin has updated or will update soon.

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - boxmana - 04-04-2012

Can someone tell me what the most wanted idea out of all of these rank list ideas is like post a poll. (helping clown do it and decinding best ranknig system)

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - boxmana - 04-05-2012

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - fireb4llz - 04-05-2012

EDIT: ok box changed the post a little, earlier he had added a rank called "experienced" which was the same exact thing as honored architect but it would be the rank before opit. Obviously we haven't discussed anything like that and it goes against an earlier discussion me james and indy had. OPs/honored players shouldn't have to be amazing builders and amazing builders shouldn't have to be honored/OP to achieve a title. Well, at least he removed it.

I dont get why hes adding b3 in there. I thought we agreed from the beginning to get rid of it. We've been discussing this for a bit and we know why we want it out. The whole point of this system was to simplify the ranks and reduce the drama caused by them. We were trying hard to not input anything we don't need. You can see by the problems with the current system on how unnecessary ranks turn out. Why is b3 unnecesary you may ask? well, it doesnt require any more effort to acquire than the current b1 and b2 really. It has no real value or any specific purpose and it makes players think there better than others. Implementing this would cause more drama, pestering, work, etc. It's not worth the trouble.

I made this post cause i felt that either box didn't get most of the ideas we discussed over the past few weeks or he didn't care about mine and everyone else's ideas and decisions. I think box should post his ideas on the forums before actually changing the file. The fact he put ideas we already disagreed on earlier into the file before he even told us about it is a bit disrespectful in my opinion. Anyway, I'll forgive and forget as long as he removes them.

by the way, box, you forgot honored architect. can you add that in there? every t8 will end up converting to that.

Anyway this is what we had so far.

builder
Honored
Architect
Honored Architect (essentially architect but with honored status as well.)

To be quite honest. I'd prefer naming builder "member" since the builder rank doesn't have the same value as the current ranks. Also, player just doesn't seem as appropriate as member. I mean, guests are considered players right? member is more specific and fits the purpose a bit better than the other two in my opinion.
and yes i know i've mentioned this before.

what I originally Wrote:Box, that's not what we agreed on. We don't need that many ranks. I suggest you read this thread a bit more carefully. The "experianced" rank wasn't mentioned anywhere in this thread and is completely unnessesary. Architect and honored architect fill that exact purpose. Architect is pretty much t8 but available at all ranks and judged more strictly. I would also like to mention that we don't need a b3 equivalent. b3 has no specific purpose that is important to the server and is too easy to achieve. It's pretty much meaningless.

Anyway here's the system we had so far:

player/member(which name will be used is undecided. I like member better though.)
Honored
Architect
Honored Architect (essentially architect but with honored status as well.)

now this system was to remove the clutter from the current system. Adding ranks that we havent even mentioned whatsoever isn't exactly helping. Although I guess I failed to notice your last post so i guess this isn't entirely your fault. Anyway can you change it? For the 2nd rank, use member for now. If others don't agree we can always change it.

Sorry if i sound a bit rude.

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - boxmana - 04-05-2012

I am srry i didnt post my ideas b4 putting them in, i was seeing what clown thought of it first is all. Honored architects in there, as architect is a prefix. That way you get A-H (H is honored)

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - 9bjames - 04-05-2012

Technically there's no such thing as a prefix in ranks anyway, they're all just seperate ranks. As for the rank set, I think for now Fire's original one should stick. Meaning no abbrieviations, no prefixes, just guest, builder/ member (probably member instead of builder, might as well make it feel more like we're starting anew), honoured, architect, and honoured architect. We shouldn't go routing for more big ideas/ changes from what's been discussed just yet, I think the main point is to get something ready, which can be changed along the way.
We could still discuss other ideas, but right now it's not a good idea to discuss them so they can be implemented for as soon as the ranks are changed, but instead just count anything else as an afterthought.

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - Justin Case Kazoo - 04-06-2012

Box is saying we agreed on A for architect and H for honored. Frankly I don't recall that...? I thought we agreed on what James has stated above.

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - boxmana - 04-06-2012

I never said u agreed on a for architect and h for honored, i said i saw it mentioned in the post. Maybe if people started instead of yelling and telling me im an idiot and cant read, they can try asking. I changed it because james asked(more or less) So please stop talking in an aggressive and mocking manner, cause frankly its getting annoying after 2 days >_> Clown told me to incorporate all the ideas presented in this thread, and thats what ive done.
Whats in there now is
Player
Honored
Architect-Honored,
and rst ranks for such.

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - 9bjames - 04-06-2012

Box, nobody is yelling or saying you're an idiot. ._.
We're just letting you know those are things we didn't agree on.
Also, two more things about the latest list box... I don't know if I speak for everyone, but I don't think there's any more need for any RS ranks at all anymore. We have an RS world, the RS ranks were to provide redstone for those who wanted to practice their RS skills, but since RS world is supposedly creative, there's no need for the RS exclusive kits anymore. RS ranks would just complicate it anyway, since it could be handled by a rank list which is exclusive to the RS school world.
Also, for Honoured and Architect to work, it needs 3 ranks... neither Architect nor Honoured are counted as prerequisites of the other, so it can be Honoured, Architect, or Honoured Architect. Just making this clear, in case of any misunderstandings. Once again, I think this is practically the list of ranks that most people have agreed on so far.

Honoured
Architect
Honoured Architect