CFEW Forums
new rank system [reproposal] - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: new rank system [reproposal] (/showthread.php?tid=261)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - Eaglefighter - 04-09-2012

and do we keep the OPit, OP, SuperOP thing? since by now most OPs are superops wouldnt it be easier to just make the SuperOP rank the normal OP rank? so the permissions of superops in the OP rank

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - 9bjames - 04-09-2012

No, OP ranks would not be changed. I think that's still pretty necessary since not all OPs are ready for the griefable commands, like fixwater/ lava, and superpick.

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - Justin Case Kazoo - 04-09-2012

Hahaha Jams, good times, good times.

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - shppthwhtfx - 04-15-2012

I'm not sure if this is too late to weigh in (I just came back from non-minecraft), but I have two concerns with this as well as a few opinions on what is stated.

kits/privileges:
Similar to what james is saying, though, the ranks builder1, 2 and 3 were not only made to give people a goal to reach, they also had rewards of kits. Are we so sure our server will not become boring if we give all the kits to the first rank? (though B5~T8 were supposed to have kits too... that never happened due to implementing the ranks before their kits were set up with them)

Don't get me wrong, I'm tired of doing b5~T8 promos because 1) they're alot of work 2) there is no reward for the ppl I'm doing it for except recognition and 3) the recognition is different from each OPs perspective so its all pointless anyway. So I'm all for changing it from what we have now... I just don't want us to walk into another disaster.

zones:
This has happened in the past on a smaller scale when default rank was changed to guest rank, we had to change every new# zone's permissions so guest was added as a group. We are proposing changing every single title except OP+ and guest, every single regular member zone will have to have builder and/or honored and/or arcwhatever added to it depending on what the lowest rank allowed to build there is (which btw I think architect should be able to build in plantoids). Just something to think about. Maybe start adding the groups now and deal with what we missed when problems arise?

already stated stuff:
I am against making member not show. Having invisible ranks would simply cause confusion.

I am for color ranking:
guest - white
member - rainbow colored
honored - orange and/or green
architect - red
honored-architect - red
opit - light blue
op - blue
superop (those that aren't custom) - purple
admin - orange ad white m orange in ><>

redstone ranks can be implemented anytime cause its on a separate world, so we shouldn't worry about those right now unless fishy has told box to do so, in which case good luck box :D I think that's all... keep up the good work box, thanks for volunteering

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - Eaglefighter - 04-16-2012

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - shppthwhtfx - 04-16-2012

Unless we stop using g:<groupname> for the zones, then I see no reason why it would be different than before. Unless we can change all the group names in some mysterious file with all the zone info, then we'll have to do it the same as last time. It'll just be a busy week or so full of typing, that's all. I'm not sure which zones use group names anymore though except for things like flatland ...and those are hardly used anyway =/ and yes, I purposely suggested admin be clownfish colored xD

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - 9bjames - 04-17-2012

Lol... one problem... I dont think the g:groupname thing works anymore. Lots of people have been complaining that they cannot access zoned like flatlands or the lava warps, even though they are the right ranks... which is probably why not many players build there.

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - fireb4llz - 04-18-2012

Member is rainbow colored? Lol. Don't get me wrong, I would like to see a rainbow rank as much as the next guy but do we really want over half the server rainbow colord? I mean if we're gonna do that I don't think we should give it to a rank that common. The chat could give some people seizures xD.

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - shppthwhtfx - 04-18-2012

@james yes, I was just in denial about it before. I'll work that out with fishy if I can catch him ...probably end up deleting/reworking those zones until we've found a better solution.

@fire haha ya I see your point, I was just thinking we should give the regular members something to be proud of in their rank... maybe not rainbows x.x but give them a good color for once instead of the lime green and orange. Any non-seizure ideas? And we can do this after they're implemented so don't let this stop you from changing the system, fishy

RE: new rank system [reproposal] - fireb4llz - 04-20-2012

once we get this system up and running. I think we need to swap out the promo thread for a large "promo" section on the forum.(similar to general, minecraft, staff section, etc.) This would have a promo thread section(to keep track of when people are eligible to apply for honored), an honored promo section. an architect promo section, and an opit application section. well, i guess it isn't necessary but it would help us be more organized. The current promo thread can get out of hand at times. tell me what you think.