CFEW Forums
Invinsable12's threat - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Invinsable12's threat (/showthread.php?tid=277)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Invinsable12's threat - 9bjames - 03-31-2012

Wouldn't even have to log in, he could just unban from the console window. Although it would cause problems if he decided to "steal" Clown's account. I'm sure he won't be able to, but in case, it'd be good practice for Clown (as well as everybody) to change their passwords now and then, and also make sure they are complicated (e.g. 10 characters or more, make use of lower case, caps, numbers and special characters etc.). You'd have no idea how much longer it makes it take a brute forcer to do its job if your password is complicated enough. Even just adding 1 more letter can increase the amount of time needed exponentially.

RE: Invinsable12's threat - MetalicPenguin4 - 04-01-2012

(03-31-2012, 11:56 PM)9bjames Wrote: Wouldn't even have to log in, he could just unban from the console window. Although it would cause problems if he decided to "steal" Clown's account. I'm sure he won't be able to, but in case, it'd be good practice for Clown (as well as everybody) to change their passwords now and then, and also make sure they are complicated (e.g. 10 characters or more, make use of lower case, caps, numbers and special characters etc.). You'd have no idea how much longer it makes it take a brute forcer to do its job if your password is complicated enough. Even just adding 1 more letter can increase the amount of time needed exponentially.

So would 'LDOJiog09380jiopjfv908wujGPOD093pgf0gue' be a good password?

RE: Invinsable12's threat - 9bjames - 04-01-2012

No meng, you need some ,s and @s in there as well. ;)
Safety-wise, yeah, that is an alright password, it'd still take a while to crack even without the special characters/ punctuation (note- do NOT use dictionary words or easy sequences, brute forcers will attempt those first if they're coded well), but at the same time you need to keep it memorable so you don't forget it, lol. Writing it down or saving it (either in file, or in remembered passwords on web browser) could help with that, but of course, that can be less secure.

RE: Invinsable12's threat - Justin Case Kazoo - 04-01-2012

If it's something unimportant, just write it down on a stickey note on your desk, such as MC. I hardly think anyone at your house (friends/family) would bother with that. Or even hide it in your underwear drawer. But yeah, as one of MC's subtitles say, "123456 is a bad password!"

A great password would be password365.
Please don't try that to get on my account. (:

RE: Invinsable12's threat - 9bjames - 04-01-2012

Lol, terrible password meng... honestly... your account would be cracked in a matter of seconds with that.. XD (like I said, dictionary words are a bad idea, especially "password")
Your first one would be hell for the brute forcer to crack though. ;)
Just impossible to remember... lol...

RE: Invinsable12's threat - blueapplepiedude - 04-02-2012

maybe this would work.....
,ǝnb0ɟbd3<360p+^%o@dbظnʍ80$6ʌɟظdoıظ0#836*0b()oı'¡ظo&pן,
i flipped metal's password he made up upside down. that will definitely make the hacker mad.

RE: Invinsable12's threat - 9bjames - 04-02-2012

Impossible to hack, but also impossible to use, lol. I doubt most password systems allow that character set. =P

RE: Invinsable12's threat - clownfish - 04-14-2012

Just catching up with all of this.. Invin was 'jailed' when I joined this morning. Metal joined and perm banned him.

@Invin - you may appeal here if you like.

@Metal and other OP - Thanks for your support on this issue.