CFEW Forums
Several problems that need fixing immediately - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Several problems that need fixing immediately (/showthread.php?tid=286)

Several problems that need fixing immediately - Aeonex - 04-10-2012

Greetings CFEW,

I am not really officially back. I finally got a vacation, so enough time to play Minecraft outside my daily work, schooling and other habits. Anyway, mostly directed at Clownfish, here are several things that need to be fixed as soon as humanly possible:

1: Fix the /lb toolblock so all OP's can use it. Right now, some can and some can't. I think a plugin reload might do the trick. Otherwise, we might have to reset permissions, which is a pain.
2: Create separate inventories for each world (or certain worlds). Currently, anyone with creative mode can spawn materials and keep them in chests on the main map without anyone knowing.
3: Update all plugins to 1.2.5.
4: Fix /vanish. It hasn't worked since 1.7. Us OPs rely on secrecy to find would be ne'er-do-wells.

Anything I missed?

-Aeonex

RE: Several problems that need fixing immediately - fireb4llz - 04-10-2012

well, #3 is already done. #1 doesnt work because of #3(i think). #2 is a feature in multiverse that is still in beta. and#4 was fixed in 1.0 although it cause some glitch that made all players go to spawn whenever they logged in.

RE: Several problems that need fixing immediately - Justin Case Kazoo - 04-11-2012

Yeah, number two is kinda dangerous, but I think the players that have creative can be trusted to not spawn things.

RE: Several problems that need fixing immediately - 9bjames - 04-12-2012

It'd still be best to sort out the isolated inventories thing, that way we can have worlds like city world and RS School the way they're supposed to be... creative for all players who go there.

RE: Several problems that need fixing immediately - Justin Case Kazoo - 04-12-2012

Yeah... Not that I'm a big fan of having people in creative all over the server, since it IS a legit server...

Justin, the idea of isolated inventories is so that people only have creative in certain worlds, they wouldn't be able to activate creative mode when they wanted. It'd be for worlds like RS school since that's based around learning RS, not building, and City World is just to show of building skill, without the hassles and constraints of building materials. Every other world would be set as survival mode, with no access to creative... and creative mode would enable/ disable upon enterring and leaving these worlds... also isolated inventories is needed for this so players can't take spawned items out of these worlds...
Sorry if you already understood this, but if you did I don't really understand how what ya said is relevant. ._.

RE: Several problems that need fixing immediately - Justin Case Kazoo - 04-12-2012

Yeah, I knew how it worked, but what I meant was that since isolated inventories doesn't work yet, (or is in beta or whatever) I wasn't really all for Clown giving creative to people who are able to use it anywhere, even if it is temporary. ._.

Lol, that's fair enough... I don't think there's any way he would, or could allow that. XD

RE: Several problems that need fixing immediately - shppthwhtfx - 04-15-2012

fishy has fixed /lb
fishy has made isolated inventories for city world (needs testing by those with creative mode), he can probably apply this to any other world if needed.
idk about plugins
/vanish still doesn't exist

RE: Several problems that need fixing immediately - Aeonex - 04-16-2012

Yeah, most of this list is done. We just need to mesh out separate inventories for all creative worlds and remove creative "privileges" for all players, then simply apply that to the worlds only.

As for vanish, I'll try to find an alternative replacement for it. Thanks for the input everyone.