CFEW Forums
/nick is here for SOP's! - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: /nick is here for SOP's! (/showthread.php?tid=294)

Pages: 1 2 3

/nick is here for SOP's! - lordofpain - 04-15-2012

RE: /nick is here for SOP's! - theeaussiepom - 04-15-2012

RE: /nick is here for SOP's! - 9bjames - 04-15-2012

Yeah... that is pretty bad...
Seriously though, I'm going to get very annoyed very fast if people keep trying to change my nickname, to be honest I'd rather just have mine as 9bjames.

RE: /nick is here for SOP's! - Justin Case Kazoo - 04-15-2012

I'm not the biggest fan of nick either. I've only been on very shortly recently when we've had it but I can see this might not be the best addition. If there are maybe 5 sops on and someone continues to change your name, you really have no way of knowing who is doing it. The reason I chose justincasekazoo is because I wanted that to be my name, I really don't have a need for /nick.
Really people? Look at the trusted6's name. This makes me so happy to see how much respect these mature sop(s) have for homosexuals.

Making fun is making fun, but I draw the line at any kind of disrespectful term, let alone racial/ sexist slurs.
That instance is clear abuse of the whole plugin, I actually feel like whoever that was should be punished.

RE: /nick is here for SOP's! - Aeonex - 04-15-2012

Just a quick Clownfish "say-so", would it be okay to give away nick's to trusted ranks, provided that the beginning of the nickname has some/most of the original user's name? I don't see any reason to go super strict on this, just as long as people know who they are talking to.

Yes, people do bad things. No reason to punish the rest of the server from one wrong doing. Why don't we simply moderate nicknames to follow suit with current server rules. We're reasonable people, we do reasonable things, right?

Hmm, I wouldn't mind that myself, so long as it's also done so players can only change their own names... And I think that should go for every player, SuperOPs included.

RE: /nick is here for SOP's! - Aeonex - 04-16-2012

(04-15-2012, 11:19 PM)9bjames Wrote: Hmm, I wouldn't mind that myself, so long as it's also done so players can only change their own names... And I think that should go for every player, SuperOPs included.

I would agree with you except most of the OP's already abuse this command. OP's are above a certain level of trust. Trying to trust regular users from not abusing this would plain get out of control. Maybe, at the most, lower it to an OP command, if we're going to do it that way.

RE: /nick is here for SOP's! - 9bjames - 04-16-2012

That is what I meant Ash. I don't like the way it's been abused, and I think giving access to change everyone elses nickname, to any player, regardless of rank, is a very bad idea. Changing your own name is fine, and I don't see many reasons why all/ most players should not have access to this, but why do we even need the ability to change someone elses? It's invasive if anything.
I can still see problems of course if we give even guests the ability to change their own names, but I think it'd be a nice bonus for some lower ranked players, allowing them to create a more individual title for themselves. Apart from abusing this plugin, the only other issue is with zoning I suppose...

RE: /nick is here for SOP's! - Aeonex - 04-16-2012