CFEW Forums
ATTN All CFEW Friends - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: News and Announcements (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Updates (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: ATTN All CFEW Friends (/showthread.php?tid=312)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: ATTN All CFEW Friends - xMitchelx - 04-23-2012

RE: ATTN All CFEW Friends - mastercreeper - 04-23-2012

Absolutely hard news, clown. the server will miss you and be forever grateful at your doing as an admin. thank you for providing us with hours of entertainment and your presence. good luck in all of your future endeavors... and if the server gets a new admin please visit once in a while.

best of wishes clown, we won't forget you or the server for many years to come.

RE: ATTN All CFEW Friends - EducatedPizza - 04-23-2012

This is very surprising news. After being here for over a year, I guess I just assumed that this server would be here forever. I understand your other commitments and the time and effort that you have put in to this server over the past year should be commended. I would like to throw my name in the ring for any Admin duties that are needed. Although I cannot commit to full control of the server, I would like to suggest splitting up the responsibility between a few trusted SOP's. I would be more than willing to learn WE and help with in-game admin problems and issues.

Thank you Clown for all that you have done, this will always be my favorite and only server.

-Pizza

RE: ATTN All CFEW Friends - thomvanberlo - 04-23-2012

RE: ATTN All CFEW Friends - Aeonex - 04-23-2012

Clownfish,

I am nearly distraught you're leaving. You're the best admin I have ever come across, not trying to brown nose, you are. I also know family should always come first, I respect your decision. I have hosted one server myself and helped operate another server (beside this one). I have been thinking about this a long time and a few SOP's threw a few ideas at me, including James and Mitchel. I would like to run them across you, see what you think?

Qualities and Requirements of an Admin:
1: Trusted and Friendly
2: Previous experience with Admin Role (debatable)
3: Computer specifications to handle server load (What are yours currently Clown? Need to compare.)
4: Good internet speed, at least 100MBPS or more.
5: Active Often

Perhaps, with all this in mind, you can pick an "ideal" candidates to "train" during your transition? See who works best on a list of the candidates?

I personally recommend Shpp or Pizza. I have known them for a year now and they are both very trustworthy. I am not sure how Shpp is with his computer specs, but I think Pizza has that. Perhaps two Admins is best? I don't know, I have been in servers where there is 3 or more, a lot of disagreement occurs and responsibility for running the server is put on one individual. I want CFEW to run smoothly like it did with you and Rose in charge. Two people to call the shots and make the place as fun as you had it.

I am not sure if I read your entire posts correctly. Maybe we don't need to pick an Admin at all for a few months? Am I being too hasty? Just trying to look for the future.

We'll miss you, all of us,
-Aeonex

RE: ATTN All CFEW Friends - 20Hours - 04-23-2012

RE: ATTN All CFEW Friends - MetalicPenguin4 - 04-23-2012

Honestly, I have no idea what to do about this lol. I respect your decision clown...family comes before minecraft xD.
Bye clown <3
-pengy

RE: ATTN All CFEW Friends - IIKiNgSyZeDII - 04-23-2012

Clown,

I have had a really good time getting to hang out with you on the server and getting to know you. You are the best server admin I have meet. The server you have created is truly the best there is. It has some of the best people on it and that really makes it great. I think its sad that you are leaving but family should always be everyone's number one concern. I wish you the best in life and hope we can stay in touch.

-King

RE: ATTN All CFEW Friends - nopi0 - 04-23-2012

I really don't know what to say :c...thank you clown for all of your hard work I have had a blast building and playing on your server.I knew this day would come but I guess I wasn't as prepared for it as I thought D:.I will help out with whatever needs to be helped with to keep things running as long as possible.

RE: ATTN All CFEW Friends - pacman6578 - 04-23-2012