CFEW Forums
ATTN All CFEW Friends - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: News and Announcements (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Updates (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: ATTN All CFEW Friends (/showthread.php?tid=312)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: ATTN All CFEW Friends - clownfish - 04-24-2012

RE: ATTN All CFEW Friends - theeaussiepom - 04-24-2012

Thank you clown. For the great (about) 1 and a half years I've had on this server and the fun memories :3. You've always been there helping the server as it grew and grew, I don't think we could have asked for a better admin. Good luck with all the family and I hope to see you again in the future! : D

-Aussie

RE: ATTN All CFEW Friends - Aeonex - 04-24-2012

@Shpp I think you are right, despite my personal feelings about having two. Everyone is in agreement that there should be at least 3 Admins, if not more. I have been listening for the last two days on ideas from others and everyone seems to have a general consensus so far.

3 Elected Admins:
Shpp
EducatedPizza
Aeonex

@Shpp I know all of the server plugins, I have operated servers before as an Admin. I have also helped run another larger server (other than this one) as an OP (Which was their technical name for Admin). On the console side and in plugins, I am able to config files. I know quite a bit about basic scripting. As for Box, I think he will be very useful, perhaps we could rely on his expertise once in a while and not completely shut him out?

@Everyone Clown has said that he can run the server as long as needed until we, the community decide what is best for CFEW. We must rely on each other and our team effort to decide what is best. So, right now, we have to decide who will run the server. Once we come to an agreement, we can let Clownfish know and begin the transition where he can help train the new Admin roles. We will have to decide soon, there is no time telling when Minecraft will update and CFEW will not be able to update. But no rush, let us decide effectively and see what is BEST for CFEW.

@Clown Thank you for the feedback, I'll create a forum post with a "poll" and see who the community wants to take the role as Admin.

RE: ATTN All CFEW Friends - Indrae - 04-24-2012

I'm going to come right out and say this: any public poll will merely be a popularity contest. We haven't discussed this issue long enough to warrant any kind of poll yet. I think a real time discussion with as many OPs as we can gather in something like IRC to discuss this further.

RE: ATTN All CFEW Friends - Eaglefighter - 04-25-2012

I think the best idea is to have multiple admins. Multiple admins can do a better job but they do need to be able to get along quite well. And the server has to go on. i'm one of the oldest players still on(i think) and it hasnt stopped being a really fun server, most of the time i come on it is for the community.

And clown: thank you for all the fun times and good luck with the problems!

RE: ATTN All CFEW Friends - clownfish - 04-25-2012

@Everyone - I'll answer direct questions in due time. I'm off to work early today, and when I get home I'll continue my email and forum replies. I'll also work on the core CFEW admin team plan. Thank you very very much for all of your support and ideas!

Have a great day!
-Fishy

RE: ATTN All CFEW Friends - blueapplepiedude - 04-25-2012

ok i have an idea, we get everyone to pitch in some money, and then we purchase a server, because hardly any sops here can run it on their computers. heres the link, my brother and i host a 1gb server on this website. hope this helps. www.chromobyte.com
chromobyte has 10$ US money/mo, for 1gb. and so on..... bye clown. I have really enjoyed playing on cfew. I have been a member of cfew for almost half a year. we need everyone to donate to get a good, well run server. as for the map of it, we can either upload it, or get a new one.

RE: ATTN All CFEW Friends - Indrae - 04-25-2012

As Clown has said before, he will be able to host the server for a while to come.

RE: ATTN All CFEW Friends - blueapplepiedude - 04-26-2012

Oh. ok. didn't happen to read that part. well..... anything else we players should do as a community towards Cfew? Clown, Sops/Ops, Players, If any of u need any help at all, just pm me.
(04-25-2012, 10:32 PM)Indrae Wrote: As Clown has said before, he will be able to host the server for a while to come.