CFEW Forums
PVP Saturday: Traps - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: PVP Saturday: Traps (/showthread.php?tid=3277)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

PVP Saturday: Traps - Johngt - 09-28-2014

So, I have heard that on PVP Saturdays players are not allowed to make traps: http://forum.cfew.us/showthread.php?tid=3267&pid=24846#pid24846.
I have also heard of players that have gotten in trouble for making traps.

I think that having a rule like this is wrong and that traps should be legal on PVP Saturdays. Minecraft is a creative building game,
and by not allowing traps in PVP we’re removing the building aspect to Minecraft PVP. Without that aspect,
we might as well go play another game that does basic PVP much better than Minecraft.

Some people are saying that traps are unfair in PVP. I think that it is just as fair as if someone has better gear than you do.
They spent time making that gear, enchanting it and all that. As a reward, they have an advantage in battle by being better prepared than their opponent might be.
The same thing goes for traps; if you put time and effort into your traps, you will also have an advantage over your opponent,
but he might also be better prepared than you are.

In addition, it also encourages creativity and makes gameplay much more interesting than just running around killing each other with no thought whatsoever. It could turn PVP into more of a mind game trying to predict what the other player could have planned for you next and making you more cautious as to how you approach players.

If we do not allow traps on Saturdays, I cannot see any difference between doing PVP in an arena and doing PVP in SW if we cannot get any significant advantage from building.

I would like to hear some of your opinions on whether this should be allowed or not and why you think so.

RE: PVP Saturday: Traps - GumbleyAthan - 09-28-2014

Personally the only item I think should be banned is invis potions.

RE: PVP Saturday: Traps - whitelily36 - 09-28-2014

As long as traps are deactivated afterwards I agree with John. I also agree with snake, no invisibility potions.

RE: PVP Saturday: Traps - Lucian56 - 09-28-2014

i agree with john but the invisibility potions there are still traces that can be seen if you look for them and i think it adds to the fun of pvp

RE: PVP Saturday: Traps - GumbleyAthan - 09-28-2014

(09-28-2014, 01:08 AM)whitelily36 Wrote: As long as traps are deactivated afterwards I agree with John. I also agree with snake, no invisibility potions.

I agree too. I know you can see particals but some people will take advantage of it.

RE: PVP Saturday: Traps - Razza3000 - 09-28-2014

(09-28-2014, 01:44 AM)SnakeKing22 Wrote:
(09-28-2014, 01:08 AM)whitelily36 Wrote: As long as traps are deactivated afterwards I agree with John. I also agree with snake, no invisibility potions.

I agree too. I know you can see particals but some people will take advantage of it.

like john said snake if you put effort in the potions you can get an advantage like for invisibility potions you need golden carrots and fermented spider eyes those are hard to get so why ban invisibility potions when they put as much work as you do to enchant your diamond armour? as of it they get an advantage like you do with diamond armour, you take the time to get xp you can make an xp farm to get it quicker but you cant do that with invis potions so if you're gonna say no invis potions im gonna come out and say no armour.

RE: PVP Saturday: Traps - Iuhimon - 09-28-2014

About the traps I think they shouldn't be aloud because it's pvp Saturday not oh no I'm being chased better run away and activate my trap. I mean how fun would that be? Someone had done this to spart and she disagreed with having traps the moment she fell in. I mean what if it's a drop trap and ur stuck there till an op gets on...

RE: PVP Saturday: Traps - pigpenguin - 09-28-2014

My main worries about traps are unsightliness and people losing their items in them on regular days.

For unsightliness, I'm worried people are going to just throw down lava everywhere or litter SW with a bunch of crummy traphouse builds.

So let's allow traps while keeping that in mind. MAKE SURE you completely disable your trap after Saturday. If it becomes an issue, we'll have to put a ban on traps.
Let's go ham with traps!

RE: PVP Saturday: Traps - DragMeDownUnder - 09-28-2014

I honestly agree with the removal of invisibility potions. I'd also like to say that regen potions also seem a bit unfair. Not everyone has them, so you don't really have a winning chance. I soon have the best gear one can get, and the person I fought that had a regen potion effect on. That person just lost three hearts. I'd also like to say that seems a bit sketchy too.

RE: PVP Saturday: Traps - Indrae - 09-28-2014

One of the purposes behind having a PvP day event in SW was to allow players to use their own items. It seems contradictory to that goal to restrict the usage of legitimately obtained items because they might give a player an advantage. I also believe that it would be a very difficult to enforce rule, since we'd have to rely on one player's word against another's. We could remove them from player's inventories, but we have to remember that 6 out of 7 days of the week this is a survival world, not a PvP world.