CFEW Forums
PVP Saturday: Traps - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: PVP Saturday: Traps (/showthread.php?tid=3277)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: PVP Saturday: Traps - poelsemix - 09-28-2014

I will say yes to traps as long as people remove/disable them after PvP Satuday.

RE: PVP Saturday: Traps - xGalaxy14 - 09-28-2014

If you're going to say that about Invisibility potions, then let me ask you this.

Would you enjoy it, if you just walking around normally and suddenly got ambushes out of nowhere by an unseen enemy? What if they camped your house and every time you tried to exit the house they killed you over and over and over again? Or if there's a group that camps by spawn and just ambushes any random stranger?
Infact this has been the case over this Saturday and players have become extremely agitated and annoyed, causing arguments and caps and players arguing.

Having an armor gives them protection, yes. But think about this:
Glory in Battle, Respect in Battle.
These kind of things happen when two parties fight each other with honor, and after they finish, whether they win or lose, they will feel "Hey, that was a really nice battle".

However, if I was fighting you, and suddenly just popped by Invisible potion to run away, would that be honorable? Or if I joined up with a group and suddenly decided to start ganging up on a single player, would that be fair?
I dont think so, infact its more of a bad mannered act and quite cowardly, fighting someone when you cant be seen.

Traps... Itd be convenient for someone. To just, hey, step on this pressure plate to get free diamonds, when instead they fall into lava. Its more of a prankish play than actual fighting. But if you're a strategist and position your traps carefully, you might benefit from it or just joke with someone. But this is only allowed because the KeepInventory is on.

If they dont have KeepInventory, then its nothing more than a cowardly way to kill someone and get their items.

This is my thoughts on these matters.

~ Galaxy

RE: PVP Saturday: Traps - Razza3000 - 09-28-2014

but galaxy if you have a really good sword and the person is invisible and you hit them they are basically dead because they cant wear armour otherwise they will be seen and you cant even hold an item without being seen, i get were you are coming from when you say camping outside of their house, but i dont camp to kill people with invisibility potions. Plus if your near them they can hear you drink it if they have their sound on.

RE: PVP Saturday: Traps - poelsemix - 09-28-2014

(09-28-2014, 02:11 PM)rilz3000 Wrote: but galaxy if you have a really good sword and the person is invisible and you hit them they are basically dead because they cant wear armour otherwise they will be seen and you cant even hold an item without being seen, i get were you are coming from when you say camping outside of their house, but i dont camp to kill people with invisibility potions. Plus if your near them they can hear you drink it if they have their sound on.

yeah..

RE: PVP Saturday: Traps - Iuhimon - 09-28-2014

About the invis pots some times your capmed but pots don't matter if you have stragies and skill. And an invis potion is a stragies, just like strength, speed, fire resistance, poison, etc. People use stragies to find the invis people like using a bow, look for floating items, ender preal away, or become invisable to. If we take away invis then what do the really good blur, the people have prepard to be invis, practice, do? What if they have bad or low armor and can't fix it then what? We can't just take away that potion otherwise we might aswell take all of them away. You see what I mean? There's nothing we can do about camps that's the player's decision on what to do.

If I got camped by full diamond armor people I would pop a potion no matter which one but hey doesn't the one from getting away should like speed and invis? They can't see me get away and I can do it quickly. Mojang put invis potions for a reason, but they didn't out in traps, the players made that. Why would Mojan put in a potion that wasn't going to be used?

RE: PVP Saturday: Traps - Eaglefighter - 09-28-2014

Id say either have everything or nothing, a potion is as legitimate as armor and weapons, some players have more resources than others so they can better equip themselves for pvp. Same thing goes for traps, the only difference with traps is they work outside of pvp-saturdays and will kill players. So with traps well just have to see, otherwise maybe just traps you have to activate yourself with a lever if too many traps remain active the rest of the week.
so just say if you ban potions you can ban armor and weapons for the exact same reasons

RE: PVP Saturday: Traps - deblueninja - 10-01-2014

I believe that diamond Armour is at the same disadvantage as invisible potions because the person could have diamond Armour but then it is a disadvantage to the other players that cant find diamonds but they may be great at potion making so i say if you allow diamond Armour, allow potions.

RE: PVP Saturday: Traps - Spiketrooper - 10-01-2014

i agree with eagle on that, he makes a very good point.

However i most likely wont be participating so it doesnt really matter to me. XD

RE: PVP Saturday: Traps - Indrae - 10-01-2014

If we ban diamond armor and potions, we may as well scrap the idea of PvP Day entirely and just go with a small PvP map, or stick with the current arenas.

I think we should give the PvP Day concept at least a month before we decide whether it is worth it or not. If we decide it isn't working, we can move on from there.

RE: PVP Saturday: Traps - deblueninja - 10-01-2014

it is worth it indrae but we need to allow potions and diamond armour