CFEW Forums
New Rank Permissions - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: New Rank Permissions (/showthread.php?tid=333)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

New Rank Permissions - fireb4llz - 04-29-2012

Now that we have decided What the ranks will be like(besides what colors they will use), we need to discuss permissions. After a month or two of discussion the ranking system we came up with was:

Guest- Has logged into the server
Builder- Has created one building
Architect- An Honorary Title or achievement for those who have shown hard work and amazing talent in the ways of building.
Honored- A title given to those committed to helping the server as well as trusted by the community.
Honored Architect- An Honorary title given to those with amazing talent as well as Committed to helping the community and trusted by the server staff.

I think that Guests should have the same permissions they currently do. Builders permissions should also keep all the permissions they receive by builder5(with the exception of /time commands. That should be honored+). Architects should have the same permissions as builders will as it is more of a title than a rank. Honored should have the same permissions as T7 or T8. Honored Architect Should have same perms as Honored since this again is just a title.

Discuss what you think the permissions should be here and tell me if there is any other perms that probably should be changed.

RE: New Rank Permissions - blueapplepiedude - 04-30-2012

i like that fire, do you know what the ops, super ops, and admins are?
are they the same?

RE: New Rank Permissions - Indrae - 04-30-2012

The OP ranks are completely separate from these rank changes.

RE: New Rank Permissions - Eaglefighter - 04-30-2012

RE: New Rank Permissions - Aeonex - 05-02-2012

RE: New Rank Permissions - Indrae - 05-02-2012

I'm not sure that /time should be given to Architects. This isn't because they couldn't be trusted with it, it's just that it is a rank that will rarely be used (like how T8 is supposed to be, but only focusing on the builds).

RE: New Rank Permissions - fireb4llz - 05-02-2012

Builder and architect should have the same perms. Honored and Honored architect should also have the same perms. Flymod should be opit+

RE: New Rank Permissions - Eaglefighter - 05-02-2012

Depends how you look at flymod, is it just a perk or a way to make building easier?

RE: New Rank Permissions - shppthwhtfx - 05-02-2012

@aeon that looks good, except I suggest not giving /region removemember to normal members. Zone owners could lure people into their zones, wait until they drop all their stuff into chests or build and then remove them and take all their blocks. It's really not that much effort having an OP do it for them and even though that doesn't stop them from doing the same, it makes it harder. They don't have that command right now, fishy removed it.

planetoids/ice/grass
By planetoids being a perk do you mean manually adding them to the zone when they become it? That's fine, there shouldn't be too many of them and it seems like a good perk =) ice can be used to grief, if we do give that out I suggest only to a higher rank like honored architect or maaaaybe honored ...I guess the "honorableness" would be the same in both theoretically even though the architect added to it would weed out more at random. If we're giving out both, which will leave VIF with even less love, then I guess grass to HA and ice to H.

@ind I understand that architect rank has no trust embedded in its requirements, but we have /time for b3 or b2... can't remember ...as it is right now and it seems to be working out fine. Also if architect will be so hard to get, people will probably get honored before they get architect; the chances of them getting architect without honored are so slim, we'll probably only have to deal with one in a year having the ability to abuse it *shrugs* I see no point withholding it from them besides principal ...and the logic is not strong in that one.

@fire/eagle/aeon I have no opinion on flymod, that's all up to you guys to hash out. I never used it personally, I don't see why anyone needs it.

Promo request cooldown
what is missing from this plan, I don't know if it's listed somewhere else ...I think fire was talking about it at some point, is how long between promos players can ask. This has helped and hurt certain groups of players in the past ...some just log off for the week and come back when they can be promoted again and some took the requirement well and used it as a hint that work needed to be done in the meantime. Some ignored the promo system completely! Well, what we need to decide is whether it fits with this new system, since it is so different from the old, and if it does fit, how long the cooldown should be. I really don't know, I'm hoping to hear other opinions and try to help polish them.

New ranks transfer period
basically we're giving up on using the rank system as a means of rewarding those that help better the server ...because its a tedious job for our OPs... and instead moving to about what the server was when it started, with some modern ranks thrown in. Lets see how this works out =) As fishy said, we should give everyone warning and console those with higher ranks, but an obvious reaction to this will be a flood of promo requests by those who are within earshot of the next new rank ...even though it'd probably be easier to just wait until the new rank is out... we should add that to the consolation >.> not discouraging them from asking for a promo, but just to reduce the mayhem.

P.S. I don't consider OP a job, I consider it a rank with arbitrary requirements. =)

RE: New Rank Permissions - Eaglefighter - 05-02-2012

We do have to realise we cant make a perfect system, with the promo thing its hard to make it better, we cant count how long they are really online and we cant watch them all the time. It might be best to encourage ops to always use the promoboard