CFEW Forums
New Rank Permissions - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: New Rank Permissions (/showthread.php?tid=333)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: New Rank Permissions - 9bjames - 05-02-2012

To be fair, I'd agree with the time day being given to a rank, maybe even weather sun, since if anything those two can just be used to get rid of the pain of darkness/ lag (other people already have to ask for one or the other regularly, if they didn't have access to time night and weather storm, I see no harm in it). Also, I agree with shpp, ice is griefable... I disagree that it should be given to lower ranks at all as a kit... but if it is given out at all, then yeah... definitely only to a more trusted group (although I think it would be best to keep it SOP only, then few superOPs could give small amounts to players, by their own judgement).

Last thing, I think the cooldown period between ranks is still being discussed sort of... Last I heard about it, people were thinking about a month between member and honored, at the very least, since it gives time to be able to get to know these players. As for Architect, I don't think that is so important with a cooldown period, as you would just be able to judge from what they have built. On the other hand, there could be the problem that if there is no cooldown period, they could just end up pestering every OP they see until they manage to wriggle their way into the rank... It happens, you can't say players don't at least try it, regardless of whether they're successful. Either way, this needs further discussion, along with, or in a seperate thread from the permissions.

RE: New Rank Permissions - Indrae - 05-02-2012

I think we may want to revamp the Promotion board here on the forum. In addition to showing when people were promoted, it could also function as a place to discuss potential candidates for promotion.

RE: New Rank Permissions - Eaglefighter - 05-02-2012

You mean a bit like ban thing is now?

Yeah, sort of like the ban section is now. I don't think players should be able to start topics themselves though. We should probably have OPs post a thread and then allow people to comment on it. I can picture a bunch of repetitive "Promo Me" threads if we don't place some restriction.

RE: New Rank Permissions - shppthwhtfx - 05-02-2012

@james I'm not sure /time and /weather can be that specific, otherwise no one would be able to make it storm =/ As for the cooldown, a month sounds reasonable for honored from builder. Rank permissions and rank promotions are related... there's no stopping the flow of conversation.

@ind I'm liking this idea, each player can make their own thread and showcase their builds' general features with screenshots and have warps next to the screen shot for further critiquing =) then we just have a certain number of OPs say WOW, that's amazing! ...maybe even have a promo review committee so the judgings are consistent xD ok maybe not... After they get promoted we can simply sticky their thread so people know what is good enough, or what slipped through this plan at the very least >.>

Whatever we do, we need to ensure that people can't maneuver their way around the rules that we set the way people have (lying about when they were last promoted for example, and asking different OPs for promotions after being denied). That will require a little more effort on the part of the server staff to update the promotion thread (which should still be retained after these rank changes, to help keep track of when people joined).

We could have an extra rank for liars that is basically a jail with very little permissions haha I doubt we'll have that problem though with so few ranks.

RE: New Rank Permissions - Aeonex - 05-02-2012

@Everyone great ideas, the feedback helps

/time is customisable, you can assign only /time day to certain ranks and /night to others. Clown has done it in the past. As for /weather, I am not fully sure, I am sure it's possible. Even if we don't have that possibility, OPs can patrol when and who does day/night like we have in the past to prevent abuse. So perhaps extend /time and /weather commands to Honored rank for trusted members only?

@Ind good observation, Architect is a hard achievement, /time would best be placed in Honored status, I personally feel. Regarding the official promotion thread, I can create another "locked" thread for the new ranking system, viewable by all players and only OPs can make threads after we discuss the different perms for every rank and agree on something.

@shpp Yes, a one month cooldown between Honored and builder sounds like a great idea. Architect could be a rank "at discretion" and only issued when people actually earned the achievement. Any cooldown for Honored Architect? One month after they get architect, they can apply for Honored?

Regarding flymod, I personally see it as a perk, most people use flymod to move around faster. I do so all the time myself. It would be, in my opinion, a slap in the face to the regular Architects and Honored Architects of the server to receive absolutely nothing for the promotion. "You're trusted and you built a lot, good job!" That won't get us very far, it's not realistic.

RE: New Rank Permissions - Eaglefighter - 05-02-2012

Id say honored: flymod and architect :extra kits and permission to extra area's. Honored architect all that?

(05-02-2012, 01:45 AM)Indrae Wrote: I'm not sure that /time should be given to Architects. This isn't because they couldn't be trusted with it, it's just that it is a rank that will rarely be used (like how T8 is supposed to be, but only focusing on the builds).
(05-02-2012, 07:52 PM)Aeonex Wrote: @Ind good observation, Architect is a hard achievement, /time would best be placed in Honored status, I personally feel.
@aeon's @ind architect is lower on the chain of permissions according to your model, and the argument is it's not about distrust, but because less people will have /time. That makes no sense o.o please reread your arguments and change your minds

@aeon oh right, I forgot about IA ...if IA is made then they can have a side project of investigating reports of /weather storm abuse =) ok give them both to honored+

I was thinking the same about making a new promo thread for the new ranks, though I think we can make it simpler with the fewer ranks.

Rank Cooldowns
As for the cooldown between everything but member/honored: I don't think architect/honored architect is relevant, it would still take a month theoretically since they became member to get to know them. They should be able to make that switch whenever they've acquired the proper amount of trust/helpfulness (or whatever we're making that rank require) after that one month of playing period. And I think it would take about a month for a true architect to create the awesomeness that SHOULD be architect.
so lets make it a simple "you can't be promoted the first month of being a member, after that you get a promo when you meet the requirements for whatever rank you're shooting for" Is there a way to tag someone who's been rejected a rank so we're not spammed with requests every day? That /note system fishy tried to start? A separate area on the promo thread? A "please don't ask every day" to our members and trust they don't?