CFEW Forums
New Rank Permissions - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: New Rank Permissions (/showthread.php?tid=333)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: New Rank Permissions - Indrae - 05-02-2012

I'm honestly not sure that I get what you are saying shpp.

RE: New Rank Permissions - shppthwhtfx - 05-02-2012

Honored rank gets all of architect's permissions. If /time doesn't require much trust (which right now we have it as b2 or 3 ...not much trust there) then why withhold it from architects? They've probably stayed on the server for longer than our b3s now have if they've gotten that rank.

...I don't understand your argument at all either, Ind. I'm not angry, I'm just confused to the point of stuttering haha We've had minor misunderstandings of each others' words before, rephrase your argument as to why architect should not have /time ...maybe that'll help xD
I've already said mine, just in case you missed it:

(05-02-2012, 10:32 AM)shppthwhtfx Wrote: @ind I understand that architect rank has no trust embedded in its requirements, but we have /time for b3 or b2... can't remember ...as it is right now and it seems to be working out fine. Also if architect will be so hard to get, people will probably get honored before they get architect; the chances of them getting architect without honored are so slim, we'll probably only have to deal with one in a year having the ability to abuse it *shrugs* I see no point withholding it from them besides principal ...and the logic is not strong in that one.

If we can Assign /time day/night on an individual rank basis, I don't really see why we shouldn't give the day command to all ranks (within the main world). Personally I don't think that the ability to change time really matches up well with the Architect rank. And yes, I do realize that Honored is higher and receives all the commands lower ranks receive. I think we need a reward that matches the difficulty in obtaining the rank. I personally wouldn't be opposed to allowing flying (for anyone really, but we need some sort of perk to being an Architect, as some have said). That would be a perk that I think would actually fit the architect rank (because it aids in building, etc.).

P.S.: I have a tendency to type out poorly organized arguments.

RE: New Rank Permissions - Eaglefighter - 05-02-2012

I thought it was more like: great building members become architect and helping members become honored. And then later they can get both: honored architect. That people can choose to build or help, unlike we have now where you have to build to get to the higher ranks. And i think both can have time command, for Helping and building

That actually brings up a valid point and is something that we need to consider. (Will type up more later, about to drive back home).

RE: New Rank Permissions - shppthwhtfx - 05-02-2012

@ind ok yes... I agree with that. What you said before made no sense to me x.x but lets ignore that! The present isn't confusing and that's what counts! /time day and /weather sun (only if we can separate) is given to member, /time night to honored+

You know, since flying makes sense with building only and not helping/trust, it might be a good idea to give it to architect and honored architect but not honored ...I think that's possible, right? I'm pretty sure the ranks aren't linear except for permissions on building. Just an idea x.x

@eagle yes, that's how promotions will work ...except people can be building their way up to architect while they're socializing/helping others. They'll most likely get honored before architect, but it's possible to get them both at virtually the same time. I think we both agree that all members should get /time day command. Ind was mentioning architect not matching up with the ability to make it night ...which is debatable but I agree. I can see the argument of some builds looking nice at night so they'd need that... but who cares? xD so yes, you're right ... why'd I say all that?

RE: New Rank Permissions - blueapplepiedude - 05-03-2012

@people discussing flymod,
we should get clown to turn off feathers and flymod in AW and PVP world.
It isn't fair to be able to fly away from someone/mobs attacking you.

RE: New Rank Permissions - Eaglefighter - 05-03-2012

That is a different topic, please make a separate thread

RE: New Rank Permissions - 9bjames - 05-03-2012

Actually, regarding Blue's point, it does have some relevance. Not to argue with what's been agreed, but how about making flying Honored Architect only? My reasoning behind this is simply because although it fits with Architects being able to fly up high to build, I personally think that flying is something that should be given out only if the players are trusted. As Blue mentioned, it isn't fair how players go flying in AW or PVP to avoid getting killed, as well as to kill others. Someone will probably bring up the fact that Architect players will probably have a certain level of trust anyway, due to the difficulty and length of time to actually get the rank, but if that's really the case, then they should already be both honored, and architect already. Either way, I feel flying would be covered better in both Architect, and Honored, rather than just one or the other.

Asside from that, really, the new ranks don't have to have specific "perks", the whole reason behind them isn't to give players rewards. The rewards and perks aspect could be a nice bonus like they always have been, but the title Architect in itself is the reward, showing that they are a large cut above the average builder. Personally I don't think we should give away any more incentives for ranks than needed, knowing that the whole point of the rank change is to make a solid foundation which will mean something, instead of get abused by rank gamers, and lazy OPs (generalising about a worst case scenario due to tiredness... my point still stands however, whether or not it is so much of a problem).

RE: New Rank Permissions - Indrae - 05-03-2012

Isn't it possible to restrict flying on a individual world basis? I may have been imagining this, but I seem to recall at some point being unable to fly in adventure world (although, I have never spent much time there, so who knows?).