CFEW Forums
New Rank Permissions - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: New Rank Permissions (/showthread.php?tid=333)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: New Rank Permissions - 9bjames - 05-03-2012

There is a way for that Indrae, but my point about Adventure World was just one example. I still don't personally feel that it is a perk that should be given out easily.

RE: New Rank Permissions - Indrae - 05-03-2012

It wouldn't be given out easily. Not every person who joins the server should expect to one day become an Architect (or Honored for that matter). These are not easy ranks to achieve.

RE: New Rank Permissions - shppthwhtfx - 05-03-2012

surprisingly enough, this thread was originally about rank permissions lol we got a little off track but blue's comment is valid here x.x blue, whisper an OP when you see people flying and we'll warn/ban them =) it's against the rules in those worlds. If there's no OPs on, take a screen shot, message an OP on the forums and we'll try to watch them when we're on I guess x.x

@james I'm not sure what flying has to do with trust, can you give more examples of where flying could be abused? I'm trying, but can't think of any ...flying just changes the gameplay of minecraft to be extremely easy/boring.

James has a point that architect itself is an honorary title and doesn't actually need a perk... but then again, as aeon said:
(05-02-2012, 07:52 PM)Aeonex Wrote: Regarding flymod, I personally see it as a perk, most people use flymod to move around faster. I do so all the time myself. It would be, in my opinion, a slap in the face to the regular Architects and Honored Architects of the server to receive absolutely nothing for the promotion. "You're trusted and you built a lot, good job!" That won't get us very far, it's not realistic.

We'd kinda be trolling our greatest builders if we gave their rank absolutely nothing. I've never been much on trolls and a few perks for architect won't make people strive for it if everything they get is given to honored as well. Much easier to socialize a bit, help around and gain trust rather than build awe inspiring things out of little cubes (which btw, I think we should take creative mode into consideration when reviewing works for worlds that will have it ...its alot easier to build awesome things when you have unlimited resources at your disposal and can break any block with a punch).

I don't agree with the sentiment regarding creative builds being worth less than regular ones. It is the quality of the build we should be judging, not the amount of effort put in to it. Great builds will have a significant amount of effort placed into them whether built in creative or not. Some people prefer the building aspect of things rather than the tiresome grind of gathering the materials to create the build. I don't think we should judge them for that.

We don't even really have a creative world at the moment anyway.

RE: New Rank Permissions - 9bjames - 05-03-2012

Hmm, perhaps I was just thinking about AW when I made that post, it was about 5 or 6am, after not being able to sleep because of noise... but regardless, flymod is definitely something that would make players want Architect, for the wrong reasons... I'm still not sure that Architect is a high enough rank for flying, but I guess something should be given along with it... Why not something like grass kits as well? Not suggesting that solely on it's own as the only perk/ permission for the rank, I just have concerns about flymod, which I can't fully explain...

Edit - I agree with Ind's post above, but that's because we're changing the system. It worked as it was before because of the week wait, the server's legit build aspect, and the fact we didn't have creative. But now we have creative, if someone is truly a good builder, for a rank like architect the only thing that does matter is quality since it shouldn't be a case of whether the items were gained illegitemately anymore (or at least soon).

RE: New Rank Permissions - shppthwhtfx - 05-03-2012

Then why would I ever want to build in any other world that doesn't have creative? All of the other worlds are useless and we should just have creative available to the whole server. Those that want to mine for the fun of it can and those that want to build can have all the resources without the frivolous task of collecting them. Why am I working so hard to collect stuff for my art? Ind has creative mode for his city world =( *kicks and screams* <<<I think something like that will happen

edit: sorry I forgot to bring relevance in. Architect will still have quality requirements, those that have collected all of their stuff and worked with what the server allows them to have naturally (kits and such naturally) might get a bit peeved from those that have access to a world with creative on. It really is easier to work with creative mode, not only for the access to resources, but the fact that you dont have to worry about losing resources when you make mistakes or simply want to change something. It shaves off months of work depending on the size of build ...which if we're talking about architect, months is probably the right measurement.

RE: New Rank Permissions - Eaglefighter - 05-03-2012

Well like i said, if you build good enough to become architect i think he/she deserves perks that help build easier, like flymod,extra kits and acces other worlds

That is why we need a way for t to be accessible to all, in some form.

RE: New Rank Permissions - Eaglefighter - 05-03-2012

It is really hard to judge the values of buildings if all people can build in creative and main

How so? We aren't judging the amount of effort put into gathering materials. I could spend weeks gathering material for a dirt mansion, that doesn't make it a good build (although, a dirt mansion will be bad no matter what). Using creative doesn't affect the quality or value of the build, and it doesn't mean that less effort and care was put into the design of the build (which is, in my opinion, the most important factor).