CFEW Forums
New Admin Team (3 days) & New Terraria Server - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: News and Announcements (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Updates (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: New Admin Team (3 days) & New Terraria Server (/showthread.php?tid=446)

Pages: 1 2

RE: New Admin Team (3 days) & New Terraria Server - blueapplepiedude - 06-05-2012

Have the new Admins been chosen yet?

RE: New Admin Team (3 days) & New Terraria Server - clownfish - 06-05-2012

@Coleson - ty for the input.

@Everyone - I know everyone is dying to know my final choices. I'm down to reading 2 more applications (1 of which I just got & another that needs to be resent (was missing in the email by accident)... Other than that I have it very well narrowed down, cross checked, and well thought out. I'm following my 'gut feeling' on these decisions and often leads to a great outcome. I know we have an excellent community and OP+ team here. My decision should be final in the morning. I'm out of time now and want to respectfully read/understand each sentence of each application carefully.

Lastly I feel with all the time we have all put into this process I should pick:
1) Primary Admins for each of the 3 roles (World Edit / Forum Admin) (Internal Affairs Admin) (Updater Admin).
2) 2nd best candidates for Admin. If the primary Admin for a given role can not longer do the job, this person should be highly considered by the SOP/Admin team.
3) **Backup Candidates** Applicants we should consider for a give admin role if the primary and 2nd best candidates are not available. They would be good, but may need some practice or light server admin training.

Again I have all of this decided in the 95% done range. I'll post more updates on this tomorrow.

Good night!
-Fishy

RE: New Admin Team (3 days) & New Terraria Server - BlackChaos - 06-05-2012

RE: New Admin Team (3 days) & New Terraria Server - clownfish - 06-06-2012

@Everyone - (Simple Answer) Please pardon the further delay on this and I know everyone is very interesting in the final results. It's not that I am hesitant to do this, I'm actually very in favor of this and very excited about this and just being on the server & having fun.

(Long Answer) My delay in making these choices has to do with IRL for me. My work has been very difficult in the past 3 days and these work event were unforeseen. I'm the president of the company I work at and I have a number of employees/management who are not accepting 'Change' & are 'causing trouble' with other employees. In the past 2 days I have worked a 10 hour day and an 11 hour day. This is not a normal schedule for me and I was emotionally exhausted at the end of the day. So please pardon my delay, it's not that I don't want to be on the server or make this final decisions. I really do enjoy both of them... it's just me being 'Overwhelmed' and 'emotional exhausted' from my work and managing people. Things will be a lot better for me here very soon.

I have all intentions of finishing the last %5 of my 'Admin Team' choices. I really am 95% done with this process. I've also really enjoyed carefully reading over each application and taking time to 'think' about these choices.

I've been going to work 2 hours earlier and getting home later this week than I normally do. Thanks for understanding and you support!

@Be Well@
~splash~
-Admin Clownfish

RE: New Admin Team (3 days) & New Terraria Server - Eaglefighter - 06-06-2012

RE: New Admin Team (3 days) & New Terraria Server - 9bjames - 06-06-2012

Don't worry about the delay Clown, it really does sound like things have been stressful with work...
Just take your time, and get around to it whenever you feel you can, we will wait patiently till then, and all wish you luck. =)

RE: New Admin Team (3 days) & New Terraria Server - clownfish - 06-07-2012

@James & Eagle - Thanks for your support and patience. I've progressed from 95% done to 97.5% done lol. It's very close now. I think I can finish this in the morning.

RE: New Admin Team (3 days) & New Terraria Server - Aeonex - 06-07-2012

The last part of the journey is often the hardest. When the adventure is at its' end, it feels impossible to complete. There are many reasons why we live our life, but how we live it is what defines us. In all my years knowing you, not one moment was spent thinking about your incompetence. I trust your judgement and your intellect. Matters like these can be suspended for months, the soundness is what matters to me.

Your company is more important than CFEW, Clownfish,
Don't worry about us, we'll be fine.
-Aeonex

RE: New Admin Team (3 days) & New Terraria Server - Flyingfruitloops - 06-07-2012

(06-07-2012, 03:34 AM)Aeonex Wrote: The last part of the journey is often the hardest. When the adventure is at its' end, it feels impossible to complete. There are many reasons why we live our life, but how we live it is what defines us. In all my years knowing you, not one moment was spent thinking about your incompetence. I trust your judgement and your intellect. Matters like these can be suspended for months, the soundness is what matters to me.

Your company is more important than CFEW, Clownfish,
Don't worry about us, we'll be fine.
-Aeonex

I agree with you Aeonex.