CFEW Forums
Suggestion: /kit - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Suggestion: /kit (/showthread.php?tid=452)

Pages: 1 2

Suggestion: /kit - blueapplepiedude - 06-01-2012

Hey cfew,
I have a suggestion:
spawn egg kits. because theres almost no animals running free in CFEW anymore, so i thought it would be good if we had the basic cow, pig, chicken, sheep kits.
Oh, and make it so we can only use the kit for the spawn egg once every day.

RE: Suggestion: /kit - boxmana - 06-01-2012

We used to egg and leather kits, but we dont anymore because theres lots of animals in AW.

RE: Suggestion: /kit - blueapplepiedude - 06-01-2012

RE: Suggestion: /kit - boxmana - 06-01-2012

If you mean spawn eggs, u cant have them because people would abuse it :/ and it could cause alot of problems. What if people spawn 10000 chickens?

RE: Suggestion: /kit - 9bjames - 06-01-2012

Firstly, friendly mobs do still spawn in the main world, the spawn rate is just much lower to drastically reduce lag.
Secondly, I can actually spawn a limited number of mobs per player myself, along with a very small few other number of SuperOPs.

RE: Suggestion: /kit - Aeonex - 06-02-2012

Yes, there are several users with chicken pens and farms where they harvest tons of eggs. BlazeDiamond specifically has one. Ask him for eggs. There is a lot around, just not super easy to access.

RE: Suggestion: /kit - blueapplepiedude - 06-02-2012

Hey aeon, i mean Spawn Eggs. like for cows, pigs, chickens, squid, etc.
(06-02-2012, 09:13 AM)Aeonex Wrote: Yes, there are several users with chicken pens and farms where they harvest tons of eggs. BlazeDiamond specifically has one. Ask him for eggs. There is a lot around, just not super easy to access.

RE: Suggestion: /kit - Flyingfruitloops - 06-02-2012

Yes but blue, as box said, what if someone spawn 100000000000 chickens? That is the main reason why we don't have spawn eggs as a kit. But if it were possible to cap it at say.. Half a stack per hour or half hour it could work.

RE: Suggestion: /kit - 9bjames - 06-02-2012

Half a stack would still allow 32 to be spawned at once essentially, 1 of each per day would probably be the safest for this idea... As it is, it is more safe to allow only a few SuperOPs to occasionally spawn in animals. In the past, just having friendly mobs activated would lag out the server completely. As Ash said, there are a few farms around you can ask to use when a SuperOP with mob spawning abilities isn't online, but when they are, you may ask for a few mobs to be spawned yourself, and then they can be bred (it is advised not to breed more than 10 of the same mob, to reduce lag).
This hopefully keeps in touch with the natural, legitemate side of the server; we do not want it to be too easy to obtain these items just from spawning millions of them, but the old mob spawners, and even superops being able to spawn however are to compensate for the low natural spawn rates of mobs in main world. If we could fix the mob spawners up better, that would probably be a better solution, being able to gather materials in one area, where it should be contained and easy to clear out... but as it is, I don't think allowing players to kit spawning eggs is such a good idea.

RE: Suggestion: /kit - Flyingfruitloops - 06-02-2012

Well first, you would only need mobs for food. And many people do just have wheat farms for bread. So why would we need animals? For the aesthetic feeling of pigs making your wall look like mud?