CFEW Forums
Suggestion: /kit - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Suggestion: /kit (/showthread.php?tid=452)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Suggestion: /kit - 9bjames - 06-03-2012

Animals are a part of minecraft, not having them kinda takes a bit out of the game. Really some animals are needed for obvious reasons... like squid for ink (dyes), sheep for wool, chickens for feathers to make arrows (if it wasnt for kit feather that is...).
We did have kits for those items, but this is a legit server in the main world... the main idea is to only get those items legitemately if possible... Mob spawners were meant as the next best thing, since you still had to kill the animals and gather by putting in some effort, and even though with spawner eggs the same thing would be accomplished, I don't really agree with giving them away as kits... for the reasons I've already said.

RE: Suggestion: /kit - Aeonex - 06-03-2012

I have a temporary solution which could fix this problem. I could ask Clownfish to give more SOP's the ability to spawn mobs and setup public farms for every animal. A more permanent solution is around the corner with someone picking up the falsebook plugin again. The projected date is indetermined on when it will be available to the public again. I believe the temporary solution could last for months, however.

I also suggest we open a second public sheep farm, the first, while great, isn't enough.

RE: Suggestion: /kit - 9bjames - 06-03-2012

I think that public farm idea would be a great solution for now, so long as it doesn't end up overpopulated. :3 (by that I mean lots of players waving wheat around, shouting out "NOW BREED!" at the animals...)
We shouldn't really rely on falsebook too much though, it doesn't seem like it's being continued by the original makers of the plugin, so it's likely that it could be dropped again... even then it could leave us waiting for infrequent updates.

Really it would be good if we could sort something out which a friend suggested, which was to see if it's possible to spawn in an infinite stack of items... in particular, just an infinite stack of spawner eggs, which would be in a dispenser (or several). Then after that, it'd essentially work like the IC spawners... the dispenser would be locked, as well as out of reach from regular players, there could be a delay on each spawn, so there wouldn't end up being millions in the arenas, and it would no longer rely on updating plugins (hopefully). It's just an idea, I'm not even sure if infinite stacks are possible... but I will try and look into it.

RE: Suggestion: /kit - blueapplepiedude - 06-03-2012

infinite stacks would be 111 items in one stack, i know because i have too many items, but i lost it because my mc crashed.

RE: Suggestion: /kit - boxmana - 06-03-2012

Actually 111 is just the way that TMI displays it, without mods that could be dangerous to the server, infinite stacks wouldnt be possible, although u can put 9 stacks of infinite items inside a dispenser.

RE: Suggestion: /kit - shppthwhtfx - 06-04-2012

If infinite items aren't possible, the admins could replenish the dispensers with their item commands. That would limit the number people spawn (reducing the chance for lag) while having them fairly regularly replaced. That could work until we find a better way (ICs or whatever) at the very least.

RE: Suggestion: /kit - 9bjames - 06-04-2012

@Shpp: True, it could prove tedious... but thankfully the delay on spawns would also help in regards to having to replace, as well as the lag problem... so long as players don't decide to intentionally stay behind, spawn millions, and dont bother trying to clean up.

Edit: this might be something to take into consideration.. would we want new spawners to automatically spawn? E.g. sit on pressure plate and wait for the mobs to swarm? It's convenient that way, but I'm not sure it keeps in touch so much with the original "legitemate" feel of main world...
Really, if we have the ability for more mobs to spawn naturally in the main world, that would stick closer to that sense of legitemacy... but would sticking too close to that sense ruin fun, or enhance? (not to forget the lag it could bring)
Interested in hearing opinions on this... I'd think it'd be less fun to have to pour more effort into gathering wool etc, especially in vast quantities... but again, how far is it straying from being "legit build" with all these spawners, when we're able to farm sheep without them...