CFEW Forums
Aeo teleporting people to him in PvP - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Aeo teleporting people to him in PvP (/showthread.php?tid=519)

Pages: 1 2

Aeo teleporting people to him in PvP - blazediamond - 06-17-2012

Well I was PvPing when Aeo came and began hiting me with a fire aspect sword so I began runing to and reached the PvP spawn safe zone and Aeo began teleporting me back to him and countinued killing me. I think that OP's or admins should NOT be allowed to teleport players to them, only to kill them. I don't think this is fair, kind, or respectful.
Sorry about the 3 posts my coumputer glitched up [overheated] and sent it 3 times =/

RE: Aeo teleporting people to him in PvP - Eaglefighter - 06-17-2012

ok, what is aeons part of the story? i think you're right op's and admins shouldnt tp people to them in pvp, since it gives them a unfair advantage. but leats hear aeons side as well.

RE: Aeo teleporting people to him in PvP - FUGGNUTZ - 06-17-2012

Deleted the other threads.

RE: Aeo teleporting people to him in PvP - blazediamond - 06-17-2012

thank you my coumputer like lagged and sent those multiple times =/ so once again thank you

RE: Aeo teleporting people to him in PvP - shppthwhtfx - 06-17-2012

I agree with you guys we should get the other side of the story, but be careful. If we simply believe any OP/superOP/admin's story over a normal member without question, that invites abuse. I'm sure aeon would agree if it were another OP under suspect, therefore:

Since this is a claim against an admin, I think the IA admin or fishy should collect the tangible evidence that may be present here. Can either james or fishy check the chat logs for aeon /tpohere-ing blazediamond after warping or tping to pvp world? (he may have walked there, in that case it's less obvious against him) I say all this keeping in mind that blaze could be spouting smoke and just trying to raise drama. If on the off chance aeon did and lies, I'd like there to be some sort of net. For all we know blaze could have provoked him into abuse and therefore both should be punished *shrugs*

RE: Aeo teleporting people to him in PvP - blazediamond - 06-17-2012

I'm not trying to get Aeo in trouble I'm JUST saying : No member of this server should be allowed to teleport any player(s) into a PvP zone only to kill them without warning.
Aeo and I have already discussed this between us. I would just like to re-enforce that rule

RE: Aeo teleporting people to him in PvP - Aeonex - 06-17-2012

He combat logged 4 times and then kept going to the spawn to "heal" before fighting again. He has done this frequently with many other people in PVP, he did it to gameplan today. This unfair fighting behaviour has to stop.

I will find a plugin that removes spawn protection once you leave the spawn and only comes back once you re-enter the PVP world, but for now, this is the only way to enforce that rule.

It says not to spawn camp, but it technically doesn't say "no combat logging", though I have told him not to do it. I am going to install a future plugin to prevent logging out during combat, so people die when they log back in.

RE: Aeo teleporting people to him in PvP - Eaglefighter - 06-18-2012

For blaze that warning might have sounded like you were just angry because you couldnt kill him, not like a way to enforce the rules. I dont know what your exact words were but did you state that it wasnt allowed by the rules and that you would proceed with further action if he did it again?

RE: Aeo teleporting people to him in PvP - Aeonex - 06-18-2012

(06-18-2012, 06:07 AM)Eaglefighter Wrote: For blaze that warning might have sounded like you were just angry because you couldnt kill him, not like a way to enforce the rules. I dont know what your exact words were but did you state that it wasnt allowed by the rules and that you would proceed with further action if he did it again?

I did. I have warned him in the past not to do it also, many times. He is aware, he's just complaining about it and trying to get me in trouble.

I have even gone to the extent of making lava pits that he respawns into to punish him for combat logging so he wouldn't do it again. He still does anyway. I really don't want to start banning people, but if Blaze continues this behaviour, I may have to. :/

RE: Aeo teleporting people to him in PvP - shppthwhtfx - 06-18-2012

@blaze is what aeon says true? Don't lie please, you'll just get into trouble for causing drama if you do. If he is telling the truth, think of this as your final warning for pvp logging before actual punishment occurs. You won't be punished further for past actions, we simply ask you stop doing it now that you know it's wrong.

@aeon I think we shouldn't punish pvp logging like that anymore, that could look like abuse rather than punishment (and a punishment that's not recognized as such isn't effective to change behavior) ...I think jailing makes more sense personally. If jailing doesn't take away the ability to warp/tp away, may I suggest a rank that doesn't have those commands and just tp him into a room =) If people lost possessions and the only reason they escaped was because they ran away during battle to hide in spawn (not to simply exit pvp world for the day) then sure, sort that out before you unjail them. I understand that concern.
Anything else I'm missing? Other ideas for punishing pvp logging instead of jailing?

For clarity: pvp logging is going to pvp spawn (where no pvp is allowed) when in a battle to get away from said battle. Are we counting going to spawn when in battle to simply get out of pvp world for the day because they're tired of pvp? If so, you can't leave pvp world until everyone you're engaged with is dead or you die ...which I'm fine with, we just need to make that clear xD
We have to also think of how such rules would be enforced if there is no OP overseeing it at the time. We'd simply have two sides of a story with no way to confirm either case, perhaps this should be "bad pvp etiquette" and not an actual rule. And before you yell at me for simply caving in to blaze's whining, I'd like you to think about this: if we can only enforce a rule when players are doing it against OPs/OPs are watching two people closely, how can we possibly call that fair to normal players?