CFEW Forums
A New Survival World? - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: A New Survival World? (/showthread.php?tid=5269)

Pages: 1 2 3

A New Survival World? - whitelily36 - 11-22-2016

Hi everyone,

It is nearly 3 years since we opened a new survival world (SW opened March 1st 2014), and I really think its time we had a new map, so I am going to propose a few different options:

1.  We have a new type of world - a vanilla world similar to the old AW - no commands, just survival.  No End or Nether - we can sell these items instead.  The world would be reset every year, and players would be able to get their builds moved to SW.  Maybe even have quests in this world to get access to End and Nether materials?

2.  A new SW map that shares the inventory with the old map.  Retain the old SW map but create a new map to play on.  It would share the inventory with SW, so you could move your resources there, and it would also share the same Nether and End (argument here could just be to do a decent expansion on SW?)

3.  A new SW map that doesn't share the inventory with the old map, however we would not be able to connect it to End or Nether worlds.

So what do you guys want?  Do you have other suggestions perhaps?

~Lily

RE: A New Survival World? - xMitchelx - 11-22-2016

If we do a new SW im down with a whole new map that i can have new homes in and not share with the 5 or whatever it is in old SW, new inventory is fine with me

RE: A New Survival World? - Spiketrooper - 11-22-2016

Im going to be honest, ive worked extremely hard to get the resources i have. If i started a brand new survival with nothing, id probs not do it tbh. I enjoy having my resources, and i dont really find it boring.

Id be ok with starting a new world with shared inventories, so option 2 is my choice.

RE: A New Survival World? - Hamishac - 11-22-2016

Same with spike, I think option 2 sounds the best, tho I probably won't play it much since I gotta finish this dumb castle XD

-Ham

Same ham same, ive got the HQ of the Nation and then Rivermouth (the city) around it. xD Gonna be a very fun project def.

RE: A New Survival World? - MudsyKipsy - 11-22-2016

I rather choose option 1, because with 2 and 3 we might get the same problem we have right now in a few years if the server still exists then xD

Maybe have a mix of both 1 and 2 to appease everyone, have a shared inventory world that gets reset yearly? (and you can move builds and items you wanna keep of course to SW)

That way we still have the shared inven, but we wont run into the problem of running out of resources in that world with it getting reloaded?

Thats true. Tis why i suggest a fresh world with a shared inventory for people to enjoy that gets reset yearly, which is quite a long time in retrospect.

RE: A New Survival World? - deblueninja - 11-23-2016

option 2 !!!!! I'm in for it

RE: A New Survival World? - jgoglick - 11-23-2016

I'm for option 2