CFEW Forums
Shulker Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Shulker Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=5282)

Pages: 1 2 3

Shulker Discussion Thread - Indrae - 12-01-2016

Hey everyone,

Now that we are running 1.11, we need to decide how we want to handle the new shulker boxes. For those of you who aren't aware, I'll link the wiki page for shulker boxes:

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Shulker_Box

Some people have expressed concerns about these being too overpowered and easy to acquire. Do you guys think that is the case, and how do you think we should handle them?

RE: Shulker Discussion Thread - deblueninja - 12-01-2016

RE: Shulker Discussion Thread - jgoglick - 12-01-2016

I agree with blu

RE: Shulker Discussion Thread - gopherGT - 12-02-2016

Same, but can you put one inside of another???

RE: Shulker Discussion Thread - MudsyKipsy - 12-02-2016

Nope

RE: Shulker Discussion Thread - gopherGT - 12-02-2016

Dangit that would've been infinite storage

RE: Shulker Discussion Thread - Spiketrooper - 12-02-2016

i say keep it how it is. Shulkers can be quite challenging if you dont have good armor and weapons, if you have the ability to kill them, you should be allowed to reap the rewards.

We also pride ourselves on being a very vanilla based server (with plugins to make it a lil more interesting.) And removing the benefit could shun peeps away

RE: Shulker Discussion Thread - whitelily36 - 12-02-2016

The main problem I see, is that because of time zones, the people ingame when the end resets, get a huge advantage, and can end up with a crazy amount of boxes. I like the idea of creating an end dungeon with a fixed number of boxes that players can acquire, with the loot getting reset fortnight or monthly. That way its fair for everyone.

RE: Shulker Discussion Thread - Johngt - 12-02-2016

It's not about trying to remove benefits, it's a proposition to try to make the server balanced and fun for everyone. It wouldn't be very fun for people if these were always looted empty before they had the chance to explore the new end.

Also wouldn't be very fair if one person managed to get them in double digits while some will struggle to even get one because someone took them all. A dungeon would leave some for everyone and not just tons for a few.

I think we should focus on having a balanced survival world, vanilla doesn't always mean it will work out in a balanced manner in a multiplayer server like ours. While I think the boxes are stretching the survival gameplay I am not against them, nor am I against people getting many of them eventually.
I just think it should be balanced so it's not just the first players to raid the end and that the amount they get invalidate the need for old time storage and going back to your base.

RE: Shulker Discussion Thread - MudsyKipsy - 12-02-2016

I think that just ruins the fun and gameplay on it's own if you just put down a dungeon. It will only help for the beginning but then later on, players start to get bored of it..And trying to Find end cities is taking ages already, if you're not dead yet. And if you do, there's small chance that you get your stuff back. It's a challenge to get it and just putting down a dungeon and removing the droppings from shulkers is just ruining the fun of even going to the end, because for more advanced players like us, we have pretty much everything already. We don't need extra Armor, Blocks or Elytra so we have no reason at all to even visit the end if we wont be able to get any loot from the shulkers itself. I see the problem for players with different timezones, but we can just fix it with resetting it more often the first few months (Or even longer depending on the popularity) or just do the reset just on different times or days, so everyone gets the chance at least once.