CFEW Forums
Applying for JR again :P - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Rank Information and Player Promotions (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Applying for JR again :P (/showthread.php?tid=5505)

Applying for JR again :P - IamEgg - 04-03-2017

RE: Applying for JR again :P - XxOblivion - 04-04-2017

As an architect who has no say in the final decision, I would like to say something here to both you and the ones judging your builds in the end. This will be a list of what I personally think of your builds (and possible ways to improve them?)
I will do so by looking at all of your warps one by one and stating my opinions about them.

First off, I'll start with /warp egg4.
Judging by the fact you built the entire tree by hand, I'd say you did a great job. A small part in the middle of the "log" seems a little thin, though that might just be personal preference. A nice usage of the Elsweyr heads, without placing too many of them on your tree. You might want to disable vine growth as the vines seem to growing a little far. (You could use barrier blocks to stop them from growing any further.) Nice randomised path and spots with coarse dirt to add contrast to the floor. Personally I'd recommend adding maybe some y-level (height) difference, though again, this might just be personal preference. Nice plot overall.

/warp egg5's next.
First thing I noticed is the difference in y-level, which pleases me quite a lot. I like the terraining a lot, though if I have to be honest, the tree is extremely thick. I'd recommend making it thinner to make it fit the terrain, and the general idea of "tree", a little more. Like the sign said, the roof seems a little messy, but the concept you used was quite well. Personally I'd say build the roof in a "boring" organised way first, (increasing in height using slabs as it progresses towards the middle,) to then randomise the height of the slabs a little by adding random slabs. This way it's still the messy design you went with, but a little more organised. Nice interior, I especially like the bed. The exterior of your house looks great, so overall quite a nice plot with especially nice terraining.

/warp egg6
I remember you built this house. Again, nice exterior, quite soothing for the eyes. Interesting combination of birch wood and dark oak wood, due to the major contrast between the two types of wood, but it somehow works. You tend to use a lot of flowers, which I guess is just something you like, 1000th time I mention "personal preference". Nice and simple path, nice river too, though I suggest adding (at least) one other depth level to it. Nice bridge, though it goes a little high for an arc bridge. I like how you were creative with the fences and fence gates. I'd say I like this plot the most of the past three plots.

/warp egg7
Now this is where you took quite a risk, which I'm quite happy with. (Though you used so many flowers x - x)
The house design is nice, especially with the cool balcony design you used. I love the usage of sandstone in this house, and the interior is nicely done too. The back and the side of the roof slightly bother me due to the fact they're completely straight up. Assuming you realised that too. I don't really know how you could find a solution for that, honestly. You might want to build a room going like this against it:
-   __  [Roof]
/  --  | [Roof]
|   --  | [House]
|   --  | [House]

So there's not such a big piece of straight roof. You could make great use of stained (white) glass for it, to give it a bright summer-like feel.

Personally I believe you deserve Jr. Architect, especially as your builds are nicely made and it will grant you the ability to use copy-paste worldedit (and randomising worldedit) to make it easier for you to improve your builds even more. I'm rooting for you Eggy, good luck! ^ - ^

RE: Applying for JR again :P - deblueninja - 04-05-2017

The ART will get back to you soon. Please await response from them