CFEW Forums
How to get started: Skyblock and AcidIsland - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Tutorials - 'How to' (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: How to get started: Skyblock and AcidIsland (/showthread.php?tid=5550)

Pages: 1 2

How to get started: Skyblock and AcidIsland - MudsyKipsy - 05-06-2017

Alola guys!

Welcome to my tutorial on how to play in Skyblock or Acid island!

If you're new to either both of these worlds, then i suggest selecting the original island. This type of island is where i'm going to focus on. (It's also recommended to start playing SkyBlock first if you never played either of these gametypes!)

Both of the starter islands come with a chest with items that can be very useful. ( Do NOT eat the melon)
Also, you don't need to worry about hostile mobs for the first few days, they will only start spawning in if your island is big enough.

You spawn in with your companion (a cow). Try not to kill it for food! (Because killing your companion is just cruel..)

1.  try and get saplings from your first tree, this is by destroying the leaves first
2. you might want to dig down in the center and try to get the sand to grow the cactus on (challenge!)
3. Use the ice blocks to get an infinite water source
4. Build a cobblestone generator ( Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUhkJZQ5nps)
5. Get a farm going
6. Start collecting cobble for island expansion or sell it for money
7. Place a sign saying [Welcome] or [WELCOME] so players can visit your island and help out (Optional)

It is very important that you complete the challenges as well! 
They can give you handy items that you would need to use for later.

Command for challenges:
Skyblock: /c or /challenges
AcidIsland: /aic

It is also recommended to have a team when you just started out. (You can only be in 1 team at once!)
Handy list of commands for teams:

Skyblock:
/is invite (username) Invites the player to your island
/is accept Accept an invite
/is reject Reject an invite
/is team give you information about your team
/is kick or remove Removes a member of your team (WARNING: The player will lose its inventory!)
/is makeleader (username) This will transfer ownership of an island to another teammember

AcidIsland:
/ai invite (username) Invites the player to your island
/ai accept Accept an invite
/ai reject Reject an invite
/ai team give you information about your team
/ai kick or remove Removes a member of your team (WARNING: The player will lose its inventory!)
/ai makeleader (username) This will transfer ownership of an island to another teammember

If you rather go solo but you want help from someone else who already as an island you can always coop that player.
This will give the player temporary full island acces until the player logs off (Use this wisely!).

Skyblock:
/is coop (username) Coops a player
/is expel (username) Removes coop status from that player and it will kick the player off your island

AcidIsland:
/ai coop (username) Coops a player
/ai expel (username) Removes coop status from that player and it will kick the player off your island

AcidIsland tips:

Everything water related is acid (so is rain!). Make sure to get a shelter before it's too late.

Mobs cant die from the rain, but they can die from water! Make sure that you build a pen around your farm because chickens like to take a bath..

Waterbreathing potions is the #1 item you want. They make you invincible against the rain AND the water.

Get a boat so you can travel in water with safety (WARNING: Mobs will still die when they get in a boat!)

I can't say this enough: complete your challenges!

Make sure to check out /warp Skyblock (Skyblock) or /warp ai (AcidIsland) For information and for buying/selling stuff!
It's also recommended to vote for the server because you can get stuff from it that might not be as easy to get!

Are you still confused, need help or you just don't know what to do?
Our community is always friendly and is willing to help out a player in need, just give a shout in game!

RE: How to get started: Skyblock and AcidIsland - hypotho - 05-06-2017

I already know how :3

RE: How to get started: Skyblock and AcidIsland - MinecraftGirl098 - 05-06-2017

Thanks for the Information Mud.
Really appreciate the tutorial

RE: How to get started: Skyblock and AcidIsland - IamEgg - 05-06-2017

Tanks mud ^^
Ur best Admin <3

RE: How to get started: Skyblock and AcidIsland - Spiketrooper - 05-07-2017

Im guessing theres gonna be lots of peeps glad to have this assistance c:

RE: How to get started: Skyblock and AcidIsland - whitelily36 - 05-07-2017

RE: How to get started: Skyblock and AcidIsland - deblueninja - 05-07-2017

#MudHasBadIsland

RE: How to get started: Skyblock and AcidIsland - IamEgg - 05-07-2017

(05-07-2017, 12:26 PM)deblueninja Wrote: #MudHasBadIsland
Welp it's okay like its not bad tho pretty good xd

RE: How to get started: Skyblock and AcidIsland - deblueninja - 05-08-2017

its defs bad, admit it eggy!

(pshhht i built you a house, agree with me)

RE: How to get started: Skyblock and AcidIsland - Spiketrooper - 05-08-2017

Oi! Datlof Resort is wonderful!