CFEW Forums
The Ultimate Survivalist (new monthly game) - Printable Version

+- CFEW Forums (https://forum.cfew.us)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://forum.cfew.us/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The Ultimate Survivalist (new monthly game) (/showthread.php?tid=5569)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Ultimate Survivalist (new monthly game) - PumbaJK - 05-14-2017

In a small survival map we randomly place 15 ( or more) plots of 150 × 150 that can be claimed by those participating, this plots is where players would have to build and save up resources and valuables for it to count towards scores.

All the map  except for the plots is PVP ON,  KEEP INV. OFF and GRIEFFING ALLOWED this means players can fight each other and take the losers loot, dead players will also drop a head that will count towards score of the other.

It is an individual competition but players can choose to team up, But remember there can only be one winner at the end of the week... since the plots are only gonna be able to be claimed by one player only one player can build on it.

To participate at the beginning of every month players can sign up to participate, only players that sign up will be given perms to this world.

The competition will last a full week and the winner gets a loot chest in SW with valuables and rare items PLUS THE SURVIVALIST TITLE. The grading parameter will consist of a combination of resources, valuables foods and builds inside the plot claimed by the player.

Any Super OP rank or higher player can choose to be a HUNTER, a hunters soul purpose is to kill and collect the loot of the players, the loot can be bought back from a hunter for a fixed priced. if a hunter is killed by a survivalist the head of the hunter counts for the score of the player. (hunter can get a hunter kit consisting of metal sword, leather armor and bow with 64 arrows)

This map would be reset every month for every competition.

Please reply with what you think, if you would like to play it and if you have any suggestions to complement or changes to improve it

RE: The Ultimate Survivalist (new monthly game) - whitelily36 - 05-14-2017

I love a lot of aspects of this idea. However I would say no to teaming as if its an ultimate survivor event it should be an individual event. Also, I don't think we should allow griefing as players can't always be in game to defend their build and I can see a lot of drama coming from that decision too.

I would also suggest the hunters kit becomes more robust as the week progresses.

RE: The Ultimate Survivalist (new monthly game) - PumbaJK - 05-14-2017

well inside the plots no one can grief since plots are zoned but if a player builds outside the plots anyone can break that build.
the teaming its nothing official.

i like the hunters idea!

RE: The Ultimate Survivalist (new monthly game) - GumbleyAthan - 05-14-2017

This sounds like a lot of fun! Definitely would be something I'm interested in

RE: The Ultimate Survivalist (new monthly game) - Johngt - 05-14-2017

Sounds like clanworld all over again except now individually.

RE: The Ultimate Survivalist (new monthly game) - Spiketrooper - 05-14-2017

true john

RE: The Ultimate Survivalist (new monthly game) - MudsyKipsy - 05-14-2017

Feels like some type of capture the flag and Hunger games..

RE: The Ultimate Survivalist (new monthly game) - IamEgg - 05-14-2017

RE: The Ultimate Survivalist (new monthly game) - XxOblivion - 05-14-2017

Personally I like the idea of this, though having 150x150 plots seems a little bit big, don't you think? I mean, if you have a 150x150 plot where you are invincible and can't get griefed at all, why would you ever even leave it? I mean, all you'd do is risk losing all your stuff for what, some heads? or loot from people worse than you? Cause the chance of you killing a stronger player with better gear is really slim.

The second thing being the hunter idea.
- If you only allow SuperOPs and higher to become hunters, some players might get the feeling this is an unfair advantage towards staff members. Having a randomized system like GMod Murder (randomly picking a "murderer"/hunter from the participants) will allow players to enjoy this feature too.
- Having the kit be a leather set, an iron sword and a bow will be pretty useful when no one has stuff, but mind that no one will be so crazy that they'll leave their plot the second they spawn. Players will most likely stack up on resources before leaving their protected area, meaning once they finally reach the hunter, they will have way better gear than the hunter him/herself. That way, the hunter won't have an advantage over the other participants, but rather the complete opposite.

RE: The Ultimate Survivalist (new monthly game) - PumbaJK - 05-14-2017

yes it may be look like a clan world jhon and spike but since the game is individual, its only one week and player have to sign up for it befor it starts it keeps the game fair so no "team" has any advantages (there are no teams in this game)